Thread: URGENT - Last minute call to Heaps?

Euro Utah enthusiast Michael_WB's Avatar

URGENT - Last minute call to Heaps?

Ahoy Bogleyites!

Maarten and I are nearing the end of yet another ADUCT* trip, and have a free day tomorrow. Anyone fancy joining us for Heaps?

We have access to a 300ft rope, plus our own 2x200ft, 1x120ft and 1x80ft, couple of potshots, various talon/grappling hooks,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I did heaps last week. It is tippy top full. Have fun!!!
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

4. Likes Michael_WB liked this post
    Hi,

Thanks for the info... was it full enough in your opinion for there not to be too many tricky pothole escapes, and so manageable with a 2 man team?

Using the 'last person doesn't get into a pothole until at least one person is out downstream' policy, means that with a 2 man team pack tosses and hooking are the main solutions, as an unsuccessful partner assist could mean both in the water for a longer time, etc, etc. Hence why we would prefer others to come along too. Imlay was fine, if strenuous, but Heaps is perhaps a bigger challenge in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_WB View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the info... was it full enough in your opinion for there not to be too many tricky pothole escapes, and so manageable with a 2 man team?

Using the 'last person doesn't get into a pothole until at least one person is out downstream' policy, means that with a 2 man team pack tosses and hooking are the main solutions, as an unsuccessful partner assist could mean both in the water for a longer time, etc, etc. Hence why we would prefer others to come along too. Imlay was fine, if strenuous, but Heaps is perhaps a bigger challenge in that regard.
    we had one pothole that we got out of with partner assists. (one guy just stemmed over the top of it) other than that, we didn't experience any pothole escapes. Lots of swimming and jumping though :D
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

7. Likes Michael_WB liked this post
    I would LOVE to join you guys if I was in the area... but no way I could make it on such short notice. Good luck !

9. Likes Michael_WB liked this post
    No takers? In the absence of more participants we will revise our plans to a less risky undertaking... off to Springdale to get permits in 30 minutes and do a late afternoon sprint through Pine Creek before dinner

If I had one more days notice...

LNT