Thread: Pine Creek / Subway

Pine Creek / Subway

Well this is my first trip report. I'm not really sure what kind of stuff normally goes in these but I mostly just wanted to share some cool photos!

I had been planning this trip for a long time. I didn't know any other canyoneers and needed to learn quite a bit and accumulate a lot more gear as I had never lead a canyon. I had done 6 canyons with a group more experienced than me and I was hooked. It became an instant passion. I finally found a friend that was able to go with but he had never done any canyoneering before. I decided that we should do the subway first because it is less technical and very fun.

Subway

We parked at the end and took a shuttle to the top with another group. 2 young guys and an older gentleman. I was the only one who had done the canyon before and the only one with a gps and directions. They decided to fallow us. I ended up leading all 4 men through the canyon. I felt ecstatic to finally lead. (I know groups aren't supposed to join up but they needed help so I felt good about it.) everything went very smoothly and we got to see the dinosaur tracks I had missed last time. Once we got to the exit switchbacks I was prepared to be exhausted but to my delight I realized I was in much better shape than last time and the hike out felt like a breeze. However, when we were close to the top we heard a loud painful moan and looked back. Far back on the switchbacks the older man was struggling.We turned back to help. He said his legs were locked up and he couldn't move. We took his pack and very slowly, with long breaks in shady spots, we made it up. He threw up many times on the way up. Once we got to the flat top things went much faster and we got him back to his truck. They said they couldn't thank us enough and we got each other's information.

Pine creek

I was so excited to do Pine Creek. I had been dying to do that canyon for a long time. It succeeded my expectations. Absolutely stunning. I lead this canyon as well. We ended up meeting some great people at the end of that last gorgeous rap and hiked out with them. The hike out was almost as mesmerizing as the canyon had been. I made sure to hit all the pools of water on the way out. Highly highly recommend it.

Here are some pictures from the trip!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    I wanted to remember what true love feels like. My love for adventure, my love for the beauty of this place, and places like it, and my love for the struggle that it takes to see it, for with adventure, you always get back what you put in.

2. Likes jman, Slot Machine, deagol, Byron, hikster11 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice and welcome to Canyoneering! Next time you're in Zion, make sure you hit Mystery Canyon...it's a step up in adventure and easy enough to do.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

5. Likes CanyonBarbie liked this post
    Congrats on leading your first canyon and thanks for the TR.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

7. Likes CanyonBarbie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Very nice and welcome to Canyoneering! Next time you're in Zion, make sure you hit Mystery Canyon...it's a step up in adventure and easy enough to do.
    I've actually done mystery! It is definitely awesome. Love that last rap into the narrows!
    I wanted to remember what true love feels like. My love for adventure, my love for the beauty of this place, and places like it, and my love for the struggle that it takes to see it, for with adventure, you always get back what you put in.

Quote Originally Posted by CanyonBarbie View Post
    Love that last rap into the narrows!
    This one?

Attachment 54602

Leading is a BIG step up. Well done! Very nice TR.

What's next on the agenda?
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

11. Likes CanyonBarbie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post

I was just thinking today that I haven't heard anything from @Slot Machine lately! Good to see ya back.
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

13. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdt92065 View Post
    How was the water level in subway

It was low. I was pretty bummed about that

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    This one?

Attachment 54602

That at one indeed hehe. Seriously can't thank you enough for showing me this sport. I'm thinking Neon! Still want to do middle lep as well. Definitely more in Zion. Shenanigans again too.

More photos. Found camera.

17. Likes ratagonia, jman liked this post
    Photos

19. Likes ratagonia, darhawk, oldno7 liked this post