Thread: West Canyon Boat Shuttle Question

West Canyon Boat Shuttle Question

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping to plan a last minute trip into West Canyon in Lake Powell this weekend if weather allows. For those of you who have done it before, I am looking for recommendations for boat shuttles. We don't own a boat nor do we know anyone who does.

Can we hire a shuttle for each direction? Should we rent a boat for the entire duration? Any recommendations on who to call would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Forrest

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Renting a boat will be your easiest solution. Aramark is the official concessionaire on lake Powell and rents boats on the water. You can also rent a boat off the water, which is cheaper but comes with additional hassles to deal with.

FWIW: With the lake so low you are going to have a really long hike to get to the goodies.

I have been told you can sometimes hire Aramark to provide a taxi service, but that is second hand information. And since Aramark is the official concessionaire on lake Powell no other company is allowed to offer a taxi or shuttle service. There are a couple outlaw outfits that will do it for you under the radar but I prefer not to deal with those breaking the law. I mean really, if they fail to come pick you up who are you going to complain to?

There is more info in this thread if you care to look: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?71799

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

FWIW: With the lake so low you are going to have a really long hike to get to the goodies.
    Thanks a lot iceaxe. We found cheap boat rentals in Big Water, UT.

How much extra hiking do you think we are talking about given the low water? Do you think 3.5 days round trip from Wahweap is feasible to reach the upper narrows? We are fit and experienced canyoneers capable of long days.