Thread: Elephant Butte

Elephant Butte

My buddy Jeff, my wife, and myself took the opportunity early May to go to Arches for some canyoneering! I LOVE seeing Arches NP from the top of the fins and inside its slotty canyons. Jeff, has been wanting to climb to the top of Elephants Butte, so that was our first adventure for the day. Since I had done the route a few months before, the second time up it was much faster than the first. All in all, this was a great day in the park! As always, we had a great time. Full TR can be found here

CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. Likes Rob L, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice TR Blake! Elephant Butte has a particular place in my Canyoneering heart (Shane broke my Utah Canyoneering duck there [/cricket term]).

No Jeff kids this time I see...did Cassidy Canyon put them off? .

Best regards,

Rob
    p.s. I hope Tom doesn't see your video; he & I agree on headwear issues.

5. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Nice TR Blake! Elephant Butte has a particular place in my Canyoneering heart (Shane broke my Utah Canyoneering duck there [/cricket term]).

No Jeff kids this time I see...did Cassidy Canyon put them off? .

Best regards,

Rob
    p.s. I hope Tom doesn't see your video; he & I agree on headwear issues.
    Ya got the wrong guy (hehehe). None of us on this trip have kids, BUT my buddy Josh would LOVE to get out again with his family :) he has upgraded his gear set to include full body harnesses and helmets for his little tikes. I need to get him out again so he can put the gear to use....

haha! Funny you mention the lack of "hardware". We talked about that as we were hiking how I would get razzed on the interwebs for THEM forgetting their helmets.
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Name:  DSC00099 LQ2 small.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  87.6 KBName:  DSC00077 LQ2 small.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  83.4 KB
    Great trip report . Our group of four were there in April . Ellephant Butte was on my " bucket list " and it did not disapoint . Enjoyed the video , it brought back a lot of memories . Best Wishes .

8. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Jake, Jeff, Jim, Josh, Judd (in vowel order) : I always seem to get the wrong guy!

10. Likes Kuya liked this post