Thread: Hiking Utah County

Hiking Utah County

Hey everyone!

My sisters are coming in to town and I want to go on a hike with them. I mostly hike in Southern Utah and don't do many hike around my home and I need some advice on good places to go nearby. I want to take them on a moderate/advanced level hike (we are all pretty fit) but not to long (maybe half a day). Any suggestions for good ones around Utah county? Has anyone done silver lake yet this year? Is it still snowy?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Silver Lake would be snowy for sure.

You may want to do something like Battle Creek, Dry Creek (either one), Grove Creek, Rock Canyon, Slate Canyon, etc.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Hike to the very top of the Y and then continue up the trail that heads south. Very nice little canyon. Can turn this into a loop hike down Slate, but would be much longer and require route finding skills.

Also, Squaw Peak (Rock Canyon TH) is a great hike...has great views at the top.

Yea, all second rate hikes though, compared to So. Utah...

If you're willing to drive a little bit, Box Canyon, (part of Maple canyon) near Fountain Green is very nice, not sure it will take half a day though...maybe with the drive? ;)

-Luke

I'm fixing to do Santaquin Peak this weekend and can let you know conditions if you're interested. One of my favorite hikes around Utah county.