Thread: New Shoe on Sale

New Shoe on Sale

I just tried out my new Addidas Terrex Scope GTX shoes at the North Wash. I love them and their on sale at Backcountry for $112 instead of $160. They have five-ten stealth rubber and substantial rinds: http://www.backcountry.com/adidas-ou...king-shoe-mens

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

New Shoe on Sale

Rinds eh? Haha! Jk

It actually looks like a great shoe. Not a lot of exposed stitching, which is huge in my opinion. Im happy with my Salewas right now, but if in the near future I feel like branching out, I'd certainly give these consideration.

LNT

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    Rinds eh? Haha! Jk

It actually looks like a great shoe. Not a lot of exposed stitching, which is huge in my opinion. Im happy with my Salewas right now, but if in the near future I feel like branching out, I'd certainly give these consideration.

LNT
    Great to have rinds in case you need to pull a Charlie Chaplin when you run out of food.

Mountain Man
    $109 for both colors with free shipping here.

Not so good for wet canyons???
    Life is Good

My thought as well. The Gortex insures that when water enters the shoe, it stays there . . .

Mountain Man
    Two thoughts on the Gore-tex. Does not it pass water one way out? And like a wetsuit, would not keeping a layer of warmed water near the foot help? I have no idea as I've always worn draining shoes w/ or w/o neo socks.

New Shoe on Sale

No. It passes water VAPOR. Goretex relies on your body heating the water to get it to pass through to the outside. Gore tex isn't like a oneway valve. The outer surface is usually treated with a water repellant finish to keep the outside from "wetting out". Gore tex doesn't work if the outer fabric it's laminated to is soaking wet. Air on both sides is an important part of the equation.

All gore tex does to a canyon shoe is trap sand, rather permanently, between the body of the shoe and the gore tex liner. Oh, and it's a waste of money. The function of the gore tex becomes moot.

Drainage has become a sort of straw-man for the canyon shoe quest.. Once your feet are wet, they're wet. If a shoe fits well, there isn't any room for water to hang out inside the shoe.

I've never said in a wet canyon "gosh, I really wish there was less water in my shoes". My feet are wet. Period.

LNT

New Shoe on Sale