Thread: Looking for a Memorial Weekend trip!

Looking for a Memorial Weekend trip!

I am looking for a trip to join up with (or form if there are other loners out there) for Memorial Day Weekend. My wife (and regular canyoneering partner) is leaving me that weekend to go on a girls trip with her mom. I would love to get out of town and out into the canyons. I have very little PTO that is not accounted for already, so I can't take any days off. I am looking to leave SLC on Friday somewhere around 2 or 3 pm and return Monday night.

A brief bit about me to hopefully give you a feel for my abilities/qualifications:

I have done canyons in Zion, North Wash, Moab, and the Roost including Keyhole, Pine Creek, Subway, Echo, Mystery, Yankee Doodle, Behunin, Birch Hollow, Orderville, West Leprechaun, Monkey Business, Alcatraz, Smallcatraz, Red Spur, Larry, White Roost (both forks), Bull Pasture, U-turn, and Winter Camp Slot. I have "led" the majority of them. Over the last few years, I have taken a few courses from Rich Carlson, most recently Rigging and Rescue. I am fairly proficient in static block conversions, hauls, lowers, pick-offs, ascending, anchors, etc. I am also currently a 5.10 climber and V4/V5 boulderer.

I am up for most anything, but really hoping to start getting some pothole experience. Top of my list right now are Quandry Direct and Knotted Rope. I really enjoy the narrows, but at 6'1 and almost 190, I worry about Shenanigans and the like. Not X-rated high stemming for me....yet. I don't mind some high stemming, but feel like I need more practice at it before being up high for long periods of time...or crossing silos for that matter.

As for gear, beyond the normal personal gear, I have a 120', 210', and 230' ropes. I have 2 potshots. I also have a Fiddlestick (that I won from Tom at the Gorging premier at Brewvies - Thanks Tom!).

Now that the less important qualifications are out of the way - I am more than happy to carry ropes and I am well known to travel with an overabundance of beer!

If you have questions or hopefully a trip offer, just PM me!

Cheers!
    Ryan
    Last edited by skiclimb3287; 05-11-2014 at 09:22 PM. Reason: not sure what went wrong with the original post, but it duplicated itself....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement