Thread: Englestead. No car shuttle

Englestead. No car shuttle

So I've heard rumors of a no car shuttle route for Englestead. Park as close to the head as possible, then exit Orderville and back to the car. Just curious if anybody wants to give any info out. If not, I have a idea of where it may be and will be attempting it in a couple of weeks. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmm, people have been down one of the canyons systems west of Englestead without ropes (the longest drainage on the south side below Englestead). If you can get down it without ropes, maybe you could get up it too? I'm not sure if that's the route referred to, but it would take you right back to the vehicle in a loop. It is probable that using that route would take longer and be harder than just doing the car shuttle (if you can work one out).

(The route you are referring to might be completely different than the one above).
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I was looking at parking on the east side of Englestead off one of the small roads and then back up one of those drainages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if you went up orderville and had a mt. bike waiting

I've went up orderville from Englestead before. It isn't that bad. That would still involve an hour and a half shuttle to set it up and then a couple hour ride back to the car. Would definitely work, but was just looking at other options. With the new improved wild wind exit, our last trip through birch was 5 hours car to car with no extra vehicles or shuttling. I think there is a pretty viable exit route to the east of Englestead. We will check in out in a couple of weeks.

Why not approach it from the bottom? If you're fast, you could get from weeping rock to Englestead R1 in under 3 hours without much trouble. No hot uphill slog at the end.

LNT

8. Likes Byron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    Why not approach it from the bottom? If you're fast, you could get from weeping rock to Englestead R1 in under 3 hours without much trouble. No hot uphill slog at the end.

LNT
    I like that. I'd be up for it in a heartbeat. It would be a long day, no doubt about that, and you'd better be in great shape.

I've gotta admit though...parking and then walking about 10 minutes to the first rap sure is nice.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

I just pay the $30 shuttle fee... hard to beat that deal for easy.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

11. Likes Taylor liked this post
    $30 x 6 people though. With 3-4 usually being mine it adds up. And I don't mind the hiking either.

3 hours up is prob doable. I think we were about 1:40 to mystery and it's pretty level from that point to continue onto Englestead.

A shuttle really depends on what your time is worth.

Mystery to Englestead is an easy stroll across the top.

Starting at Weeping Rock is how I would do the route without a shuttle. It would be the fastest and cover the most interesting route. Just get a really early start because you will chew up a bunch of time getting a group of six down the first series of rappels in Englestead.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

14. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    $30 x 6 people though. With 3-4 usually being mine it adds up. And I don't mind the hiking either.

3 hours up is prob doable. I think we were about 1:40 to mystery and it's pretty level from that point to continue onto Englestead.
    6 people and you can't shuttle? Or are you just trying to avoid the shuttle?

Did you see my PM on a waterholes trip? We will probably be sending in for permits today.

I did. I just need to see about any family stuff we have that day and will get with you today or tomorrow.

We can always find ways to shuttle, but if there is a way to avoid it that takes less time, then why not.

Yes, orderville is good and fun, but for how many times?

I had just heard of a fairly easy route, but I also heard it from somebody who heard it, so you know how those go sometimes.