Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another BLM protest

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    How is this for trail abuse?

Should this trail be shut down?

It's on federal land....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. Likes Byron liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Of course the blm doesn't have time to deal with these slightly problematic areas.

Not all blm managed land but much is. So why are these areas neglected?

Many are wilderness, National Wildlife areas, National parks, National monuments, conservation areas---wheres the love?

None of these areas are usable by US citizens without a huge risk.

http://www.arizonaedventures.com/thi...ngered-places/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post

It's on federal land....
    Is this at Organ Pipe NM? That's a whole 'nuther discussion (i.e., border enforcement).

Gov't is too big!

No, wait - gov't is too small!

No, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Is this at Organ Pipe NM? That's a whole 'nuther discussion (i.e., border enforcement).

Look at the link I provided--you will see several areas that are managed by the blm.

My question might be--would it be more prudent to clean up these areas and use the manpower of 200 rangers to help this situation?

Or more prudent to take 200 rangers and attempt to do what the courts should be doing?(bundy)

blm wasted 4-5 million dollars on the bundy debacle, money certainly used in a wiser way....

and nope hank--I don't want more government, way less would be way better...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

It's on federal land....
    That's friggin' ridiculous.... one of these days those Al Qaeda types are going to figure it out.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

In the Bundy situation, the BLM is concerned about the land, not the money. Freezing Bundy's assets does not prevent his cows from damaging the flora and fauna of the area his cows are grazing on. The BLM is not in the business of making money, it is not a corporation. Spending millions to remove cows from a landscape makes perfect sense, if your goal is to get the cows off the land, and not to recoup grazing fees. The BLM tried to using the legal system to force Bundy to remove his cows from the land, and it didn't work.

10. Likes ratagonia, Glenn liked this post
    Look at the link I provided--you will see several areas that are managed by the blm.

My question might be--would it be more prudent to clean up these areas and use the manpower of 200 rangers to help this situation?

Or more prudent to take 200 rangers and attempt to do what the courts should be doing?(bundy)

blm wasted 4-5 million dollars on the bundy debacle, money certainly used in a wiser way....

and nope hank--I don't want more government, way less would be way better...
    I read the article in your link, yes, which is why I suspected the photo was from Organ Pipe NM. The article points out that it and several other national monuments, parks, and refuges are dangerous because of the drug trafficking that goes on there. Additionally, a few of them have become waypoints for illegal immigrants and the debris left behind has gotten bad.

However, you can't compare that situation with Bundy's. The BLM isn't responsible for border enforcement and using 200 BLM personnel to clean up this mess - assuming you've got the funds to pay for it - won't resolve the underlying problem down there in Arizona (or New Mexico or Texas or California).

And, as @reverse_dyno eloquently pointed out, using the court system hasn't removed one head of illegally-grazing head of cattle. Neither did bringing in professional rustlers and armed officers. Something else has to be done.

Oh, and please tell me what source is estimating the cost of the failed seizure at between $4-5 million dollars. That's significantly higher than I've heard.

The contractor providing the cowboys, made $966,000 all by himself.

Your funny thinking to have law enforcement pick up trash, I was thinking have them patrol the land down there they are paid to manage.

But your idea sounds like tax dollars better at work.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by reverse_dyno View Post
    In the Bundy situation, the BLM is concerned about the land, not the money. Freezing Bundy's assets does not prevent his cows from damaging the flora and fauna of the area his cows are grazing on. The BLM is not in the business of making money, it is not a corporation. Spending millions to remove cows from a landscape makes perfect sense, if your goal is to get the cows off the land, and not to recoup grazing fees. The BLM tried to using the legal system to force Bundy to remove his cows from the land, and it didn't work.
    If they would have froze his assets 20 years ago, he couldn't afford to run cows and they would have already turned into coyote/vulture food.

The blm already killed the bulls, cows are like lesbians, they don't produce offspring.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?