Thread: Zebra and Tunnel Slot

Zebra and Tunnel Slot

April 29th was the last day of our trip to Escalante. We had a long drive home ahead, but still wanted to fit something in this day. We got up early and went to check out Zebra and Tunnel Slot. Each night had got down to low 40s or high 30s except this last night. It got cold below freezing. I boiled water to put into my neo socks and shoes because they were solid ice. We got to the trailhead by 7:30 am and hiked to Tunnel Slot first. It is a short Tunnel section that had waist deep ice water. My wife and brother just plowed right through it like it was nothing. I stemmed almost the entire way except one spot that is too wide to stem. I had to step into knee deep water at that spot. It was cold! We then went to Zebra Slot. It is also a short slot section but extremely beautiful. The lines and grains in the rock are amazing. There was a little bird

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice

Blog Entries

Zebra and Tunnel Slot

Does the tunnel slot usually retain water throughout the year? Or does it usually dry up pretty quick?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

It looked to me that it would keep most its water all the time. Except the entrance and exit it will never get sun.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Does the tunnel slot usually retain water throughout the year?
    It depends on the year. I've seen it completely dry and when it was all swimming. How much sand is in the slot makes the difference.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Nice video, it does a great job of showcasing the slots.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3