Thread: Subway

Subway

Anybody do subway recently, curious how it is right now or if it is changed up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I went through last thur 4/24...was full and we were comfortable with 4/3 full wetsuit and neoprenes. Both raps are bolted, I guess the old log on the last rap is now gone but bolts are easily found on canyon right.

I was looking back through my pictures over the years and noticed that log over the last gap has washed out at least half a dozen times over the last 20 years. I'm willing to wager a new log finds its way into place in the near future.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Love that corridor. Might have to try my luck at coming up with a permit.

Pretty long hike for such a short good section. Adding Das Boot makes it bearable. Funny how it's so hard to get permits, yet it's so far down on my list of favorites

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    Pretty long hike for such a short good section. Adding Das Boot makes it bearable. Funny how it's so hard to get permits, yet it's so far down on my list of favorites
    Kody? You OK? You normally the eternal optimist. Every canyon Top Shelf!

I think maybe just subway'd out. I've already turned back 2 sets of permits this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This week has also been rough so maybe my attitude is lacking a little :)

10. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Subway is so fun when you get to see it through the eyes of noobs and when the pools are emerald. Never had a bad day doing it yet, though I guess I've only been down 3 times?
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

I have done the Subway 20+ times and Das Boot around 10 times and I still love it, particularly as Ststephen said, when you have noobies with you.
    Life is Good

13. Likes ststephen, ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I have done the Subway 20+ times and Das Boot around 10 times and I still love it, particularly as Ststephen said, when you have noobies with you.

I have permits again later this month and will probably use them. I do enjoy the Subway and probably just take it for granted too much since we live so close and can go about whenever. Not sure why, but I never have issues getting permits from the lottery

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    I have permits again later this month and will probably use them. I do enjoy the Subway and probably just take it for granted too much since we live so close and can go about whenever. Not sure why, but I never have issues getting permits from the lottery

Hey Kody is back. We are doing the Subway Thursday. I would not call it a canyon just for us its the best overall hike there is. Its also the first thing we did on our first trip to Utah. We are also going to do Das Boot for the first time so that should help change it up a bit.