Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kolob Creek (Canyon)

Quote Originally Posted by kenrick View Post
    1)If I get a lottery spot for the Subway, I was planning on Russel Gulch over Das Boot, tell me to switch it and I will. Since we will all have wetsuits/drysuits for the trip anyways, I guess we might as well do das boot.
    On the canyon awesome scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best.

Russel Gulch is a 2
    Das Boot is a 9

YMMV

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've never once called the water district, but that's mostly since back in the day they never gave you a straight answer anyways. I've always looked at the dam and the bridge. In my experience it's always way less than you see at the bridge. It's a pretty simple hike into the top of Kolob to check it right there at the first drop. Though I will say that the first time we did it I would say it was about 4cfs and I thought that was a lot of water in there. Doesn't take much more than that to be pretty scary.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    "Affect" is usually the verb, and, effect is usually a noun. But, there are cases where "effect" can be used as a verb.

effect verb: to achieve something and cause it to happen
    bien sur! and in this case, "affects" is correct and "effects" is incorrect. I only mention it 'cuz i know Senor Jones has a profound appreciation for le mot juste...

5. Likes Brian in SLC liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    I've never once called the water district, but that's mostly since back in the day they never gave you a straight answer anyways. I've always looked at the dam and the bridge. In my experience it's always way less than you see at the bridge. It's a pretty simple hike into the top of Kolob to check it right there at the first drop. Though I will say that the first time we did it I would say it was about 4cfs and I thought that was a lot of water in there. Doesn't take much more than that to be pretty scary.
    Nelson

Does that mean doing Kolob Canyon on the "non-park" side without the administrative hassles of the permit process? Not that anyone does that any more of course.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by spinesnaper View Post
    Nelson

Does that mean doing Kolob Canyon on the "non-park" side without the administrative hassles of the permit process? Not that anyone does that any more of course.

Ken
    I'm always very careful to stay on the north side of the canyon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

8. Likes Taylor liked this post
    Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    bien sur! and in this case, "affects" is correct and "effects" is incorrect. I only mention it 'cuz i know Senor Jones has a profound appreciation for le mot juste...
    And I appreciate the appreciation, Hank. I DID have a rule for that, which was just plain wrong. I am happy to have improved my Inglish.

'preciate ya.

Tom

For the record, poison creek is not class c, not in the least bit.
    Skye

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Isn't there an internet law out there, that Trolls and Compleat Idiots are impossible to tell apart? Maybe Gandalf's law?

It's called Poe's Law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

12. Likes Byron liked this post
    "Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook"

Oh I love it!
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.