Thread: Elephant Butte Part Deaux

Elephant Butte Part Deaux

Peakbaggers sent me a PM in reply to this thread (http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...tte-Late-April) and graciously offered to accompany me on my trip to Elephant Butte in Arches National Park. Peakbaggers (Tim) and two of his friends (Pat, Art) met me at Arches last Monday morning, and we set out for EB forthwith.

The permit process was easy - self-serve outside the Visitor Center, all I needed was my contact info, route info, and number of people in group. Then off we went. A great time was had by one and all!

After EB, we went to the Park Avenue area and did U-Turn, another fine canyon.

Weather was perfect and conditions were optimal for both routes.

Thank you, Tim and friends, for a wonderful time! I enjoyed both the route, and meeting you guys. Looking forward to the next time I'm out that way!

2. Likes Kuya liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidTraveler View Post
    Peakbaggers sent me a PM in reply to this thread (http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...tte-Late-April) and graciously offered to accompany me on my trip to Elephant Butte in Arches National Park. Peakbaggers (Tim) and two of his friends (Pat, Art) met me at Arches last Monday morning, and we set out for EB forthwith.

The permit process was easy - self-serve outside the Visitor Center, all I needed was my contact info, route info, and number of people in group. Then off we went. A great time was had by one and all!
    Isn't Tim awesome!? He has been very helpful in helping me as well. This world would be a much better place if we were all more like Tim! :)
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

6. Likes WorkBad liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Isn't Tim awesome!? He has been very helpful in helping me as well. This world would be a much better place if we were all more like Tim! :)
    Thanks for the shout-out, guys. Always glad to help. I call it "paying it forward." Others have helped my wife and me, so why not help others in this fantastic sport?

Irv, if you have a few pics,(and I know you do) I think you can go back in on this thread and "edit" them in so others can see. Of course, anything you post now will be totally boring compared to what Shane just posted.

Name:  IMG_0596 (Large).JPG
Views: 327
Size:  105.5 KB
    The Four Musketeers in the EB parking lot: (L-R) Pat, Tim, Art, Me (my truck in background)

Name:  IMG_0573 (Large).JPG
Views: 428
Size:  95.5 KB
    On EB Summit: Me and my normal hiking companions, Baldy and T-Red (there are stories behind both Baldy and T-Red, involving kids that are close to me)

Name:  IMG_0632 (Large).JPG
Views: 349
Size:  110.6 KB
    Last Rap on U-Turn (a full 100')

@Kuya, yes, Tim is great! I really enjoyed meeting him and spending time with him.
    @Tim, the above pics are, of course, boring compared to Shane's!
    Attached Images Attached Images