Thread: Boundary attempt 4/27/14

Boundary attempt 4/27/14

We headed up to Kolob planning to do Boundary today. We knew it had snowed, but wasn't sure how much. By the time we got to the west rim turnoff we were making fresh tracks in the snow and the road out to the west rim trailhead was pretty drifted from the wind. We had plenty of ropes and full suits, but decided to play another day.

I had a little phone service and it showed there were still 3 walk ins available for mystery which worked well since we didn't have a shuttle car. We headed down to Springdale and got to the VC at about 9am, got the permits, and jumped in the next bus. Even though it was a little later in the day, the air temps were low with a little wind so he hike up was pretty steady and fast. Surprisingly, all the other permit holders must have bailed because it was all fresh snow down the gully. Well snow on mud which makes it a fast trip down it. All the pools were full from the recent rain and we were in water from the first rap. No wetsuits taken or needed. Mystery is always fun, even as a backup plan. We didn't rush, but with only 3 of us, we were back to the shuttle at 3pm and headed home.

Another good day in Zion

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398641942.953905.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  9.9 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Nice. Thanks for the update.

Glad your backup plan worked out well. Not a bad speed run for a after 9am start from Weeping Rock to shuttle again at 3pm, especially for fresh snow up on top.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Wasn't really on a speed run. We even stopped and ate lunch. Everything just went real smooth

Blog Entries
    Well, can't ask for much more than that on a canyoneering trip.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

any trip is better than sitting at home