Thread: New Treads

New Treads

Picked up a pair of the new La Sportiva Xplorer today. I got about 50 canyons out of the last pair so I was pretty happy with them. I think they are about as sticky as my five ten canyoneers but I prefer to only use them in really wet canyons

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Are you OK with the low ankle support? There is a high risk of ankle sprains in canyoneering due to walking on small round rocks and many other hazards. I'm a little anxious about wearing a shoe without good support, but also would appreciate a lighter shoe than the bulky canyoneers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have an ankle that I have broke 3 times. Since I started canyoneering, my knee and ankle problems have actually all went away. I also have a pair of canyoneers but I don't think they really provide much more support. It is really just a neoprene boot on your ankle.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    I have an ankle that I have broke 3 times. Since I started canyoneering, my knee and ankle problems have actually all went away. I also have a pair of canyoneers but I don't think they really provide much more support. It is really just a neoprene boot on your ankle.
    Yeah, what he said. I think the neoprene does a good job of PADDING the ankle bones (also valuable), but it is not what I would call Supportive.

Tom

I have worn both, not a fan of the 5.10's. But these sportivas are definitely not as durable as their old model. Use to buy used pairs from zion rock guides and get 50 canyons out of them.

Shameless plug for the Salewa Wildfires...

LNT

The Salewas look pretty interesting.

Ken

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum