Thread: No Kidding

No Kidding

Challenging canyon. It was our first time using sandtrap and potshot anchors...why not do the most challenging natural anchor canyon and learn the skills with my pregnant wife? Everything went well with only a few hiccups. 8 hours 30 minutes car to car with two people. I went over kill with gear in case I got a rope stuck. There was no water, wet sand, or mud. This canyon would suck with water. Conditions are ideal but this canyon is not one I would do again anytime soon as it is only cool because of the anchoring puzzles.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Whoa. NK would be a tricky and tedious canyon with just two people. I could see why you would not want to go back soon.

Pictures?

----

edit: just realized this is not a TR. Still want to see pictures.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by summitseeker View Post
    Challenging canyon. It was our first time using sandtrap and potshot anchors...why not do the most challenging natural anchor canyon and learn the skills with my pregnant wife? Everything went well with only a few hiccups. 8 hours 30 minutes car to car with two people. I went over kill with gear in case I got a rope stuck. There was no water, wet sand, or mud. This canyon would suck with water. Conditions are ideal but this canyon is not one I would do again anytime soon as it is only cool because of the anchoring puzzles.
    Uh...

Let me get this straight -

1. hadn't really used a Sandtrap before.

2. had only two people

3. one of whom was your pregnant wife.

Perhaps you should read the instructions on the SandTrap. The part about needing to test every placement, carefully, fully backed up, with several rappellers before the last person. The part about how 4 is a very small team for SandTrapping. The part about how you need to be very cautious about using it until you have had a lot of practice.

This is extremely reckless behavior.

W

T

F

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    This is extremely reckless behavior.
    but if he was doing it drunk he would be ok!

j/k... yeah I agree. No Kidding is one amazing canyon, and I feel that way after doing it half full of water! :) Going into that canyon with a team of 2, having never used a sand trap before is really crazy. Glad to see you and your pregnant wife got out ok!
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey