Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good dinning places in Zion (Springdale) and Escalante

Good dinning places in Zion (Springdale) and Escalante

Once again, looking for the Bogley-canyoneering forum for the rescue.
    We're going to spend 2-4 nights out of our 10 day trip in Springdale and Escalante.
    1. Springdale
      1. Any good restaurant? Steaks are greatly welcomed
      2. Do you know of any good breakfast place that opens early (~6am)?
      3. As far as food resupply food, I plan on going to "Sol Foods Market"

2. Zion NP -
      1. Any other places to consider other than the lodge?

3. Escalante
      1. Any good restaurant? Steaks are greatly welcomed

I do plan on stopping by "Buffalo Bistro - 305 N Main St, Glendale, UT 84729" when traveling from Zion to Escalante

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Others will probably give you the run down in Springdale. I have to say that I have added the Thai Sapa to my list. If you make it as far as Boulder, Hells Backbone Grill-leave room for dessert! Hint: worth the drive from Escalante.

Ken

4. Likes Mountaineer liked this post

The Buffalo Bistro has some odd hours so a phone call might prove wise.

I usually eat at Oscars one night whenever I'm in Zion.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I like Oscar's in Springdale and Escalante Outfitters in Escalante has great pizza. The used to make an awesome biscuit and gravy breakfast but the last time I was there they had taken it off the menu since most of their customers just like to eat and run for breakfast. It made me very sad.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Quote Originally Posted by spinesnaper View Post
    If you make it as far as Boulder, Hells Backbone Grill-leave room for dessert! Hint: worth the drive from Escalante.
    x2. This would be the best restaurant you'll eat at the entire trip.

Just called Buffalo Bistro and they are open "Thr-sun 16:30 - until the owner is passed out" :)...darn it, I'm going to be in that area on Wed.
    Anywhere good to eat between Zion and Escalante...we're going to be starving after Misery canyon

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nkanarik View Post
    Just called Buffalo Bistro and they are open "Thr-sun 16:30 - until the owner is passed out" :)...darn it, I'm going to be in that area on Wed.

Anywhere good to eat between Zion and Escalante...we're going to be starving after Misery canyon
    Circle D restaurant in Escalante is pretty good. There is also the Buffalo Ranch Grill just outside Zion on the East Side, but it is outta my price range so I cannot say how good it is. You will want a clean shirt to go there.

Zion Lodge in Zion is charming.

ie, not really a good place to stay, except for the nostalgia factor. Any motel in Springdale or BnB in Rockville will be better. Or stay on the East Side at the Thunderbird Great Western.

Zion Lodge in Zion is charming.

(read between the lines, get it?)

Deep Creek will be your earliest breakfast in Zion http://deepcreekcoffee.com/ but probably not open until 6:30.

Groceries: where you coming from? Sol Foods Market in Sdale is a nice little whole-foods type grocery store, but kinda expensive. You will want to hit Lin's Market in Hurricane on your way buy for most of your stuff. There is also a grocery store on the way to Escalante - the General Store in Tropic, which is pretty good (by rural Utah standards). There's also a grocery in Escalante which is not quite as good.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Gravity View Post
    x2. This would be the best restaurant you'll eat at the entire trip.
    X3

My only memorable Escalante experience was grabbing a steak at a place just before closing. Can't remember the name, but the steak sure tasted good after a 16-hour day.

Foodwise, Springdale can be a bit underwhelming. That said, there are highlights:

- Scones at Deep Creek Coffee
    - Chile Verde omelette at Park House Cafe
    - Fish Tacos at Whiptail grill
    - Thai BBQ chicken PIzza at the PIzza Noodle
    - Lasagna Pizza at Flying Monkey
    - Burgers and Enchiladas at Oscars

Best canyon protein lunch bargain: cold 1/2 roast chicken at Sol Foods.

Groceries: for processed foods, best to stock up before hitting Springdale; Sol Foods is expensive on that front. The produce and meats are generally more reasonable. Beer is insane.

p.s. Amazing Zion dinning can be found in Echo Canyon: best return per yodel anywhere in the park.

13. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post

p.s. Amazing Zion dinning can be found in Echo Canyon: best return per yodel anywhere in the park.
    Do you have scientific evidence of this?
    Preferably peer reviewed...
    Or is this merely conjecture?

Cause I was thinking it was in Pine Cr. at the 2nd to last rappel, or possibly on the last rap in Imlay.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

p.s.--having a beer with Tom does not = peer reviewed
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

p.s.s--I could likely accept a peer reviewed statement from Ram, he seems more of a yodeler than Tom.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Do you have scientific evidence of this?
    Preferably peer reviewed...
    Or is this merely conjecture?
    oh, it's all been peered and pored. Still in final review/edit stage, expect a definitive report on the study about the same time the next revision to OSHA takes place!

Don't forget the "Ho Made Pies" at the Thunderbird!
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

gaining weight from just reading all the posts :)

20. Likes jman liked this post
    Amigos in Springdale has always hit the spot for me, and is open late.

There's a great burger place in Springdale. Just east of the "touristy" part of town, on the north side of the road...I can't remember the name, but there's a big hamburger on the sign.

$15, including tip, will get ya a hearty burger, fries and chocolate shake. All of it super tasty. I ate there quite a bit last summer.

Also, there's a coffee shop across from Oscars that was selling great breakfast burritos...as I recall, they started churning them out at 6 am...? Ask around about that one.

The Ponderosa in Escalante is really hit or miss. Better to eat at the Circle D.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    There's a great burger place in Springdale. Just east of the "touristy" part of town, on the north side of the road...I can't remember the name, but there's a big hamburger on the sign.
    Blondie's Diner? If so, I'm sorry to say I've never tried in all these years. Need to fix that I guess!

Name:  Z82hwLJ4IWQTXV-640m.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  51.9 KB

Also, there's a coffee shop across from Oscars that was selling great breakfast burritos...as I recall, they started churning them out at 6 am...? Ask around about that one.
    Deep Creek Coffee! Excellent place. I might put Red Rock Coffee in La Verkin above as far as pure quality of the java, but DC is no slouch.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Escalante. Check out Nemo's.

not too sure if it was a result of having to choke down 6-days worth of freezer bag cookin' last week, but I'll tell you what, crushin' the Nemo's "Signature Burger" served up on top of a (un)healthy dose of super delicious salty fries and washing it all down with ice cold scrumpys hard cider (BYOHC) was honestly the best apr

25. Likes Taylor, ratagonia liked this post