Thread: Bing canyon?

Bing canyon?

Photo on the Bing Search page:

Name:  bing.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  46.7 KB

Does anyone recognize it?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Photo on the Bing Search page:

Name:  bing.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  46.7 KB

Does anyone recognize it?
    Seems like that was posted on here years ago? Mongolia maybe?

Scott, you really need to dump Bing. One click in Google's image search located the canyon. And for those using Google just right click over the image Scott posted and select "search google for this image" to see the power of google image search.

Blyde River Canyon - South Africa

Name:  BlydeRiverCanyon_ROW12225879633_1366x768.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  79.9 KB

The Blyde River Canyon is a significant natural feature of South Africa, located in Mpumalanga, and forming the northern part of the Drakensbergescarpment. It is 25 kilometres (16 mi) in length and is, on average, around 750 metres (2,461 ft) deep. The Blyderivierpoort Dam, when full, is at an altitude of 665 metres (2,182 ft). The Canyon consists mostly of red sandstone. The highest point of the canyon, Mariepskop, is 1,944 metres (6,378 ft)above sea level, whilst its lowest point where the river leaves the canyon is slightly less than 561 metres (1,841 ft) above sea level. This means that by some measure the Canyon is 1,383 metres (4,537 ft) deep.

Thanks. That does look like a cool canyon.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

The feature in question is called Borks Luck potholes

LNT

Yeah.... it must be a pretty popular geological feature because when I did the google search there were thousands of similar pictures. It reminded me of all the similar pictures of the Zion Subway floating around.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

After doing a little research I was surprised to learn the Canyoneering is popular is South Africa. It's more commonly known as Canyoning or Kloofing in the area. Here is one video that I was looking at from the Tstsikamma mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by elenius View Post
    Ok, but where is the beta?? ;)
    Here you go, with this video it should be easy to figure out. But I get the impression it would be like canyoneering the waterfalls at Thanksgiving point or maybe doing Antelope Canyon with the stairs.

Looks like the water really blasts through in high water.

There is a "Climbing Potholes Strictly Prohibited' Sign flashing by at the end of the 2nd video.

Quote Originally Posted by elenius View Post
    There is a "Climbing Potholes Strictly Prohibited' Sign flashing by at the end of the 2nd video.
    So you're saying it's exactly like canyoneering the waterfalls at Thanksgiving Point.