Thread: Birch Hollow?

Birch Hollow?

Anybody been lately? Zac's is shuttling to there thinking about going out Narrows?
    Haven't been to Zion lately, do we still walk up to get a permit or is it all on line now?

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Here are the options: http://www.nps.gov/zion/planyourvisi...ingpermits.htm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by canyonexplorer View Post
    Here are the options: http://www.nps.gov/zion/planyourvisi...ingpermits.htm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Thanks,
    After posting I decide to actually put forth some effort and went to their site.. Looks like it is down right now. Will not advance to the payment screen. The desk doesn't answer the phone on weekends. Anybody want to go and try to snag me 6 permits for Mystery on Monday?

Birch anyone been?

Mark

Word has it birch was very dry with good anchors last weekend. Road manageable by sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    After posting I decide to actually put forth some effort and went to their site.. Looks like it is down right now. Will not advance to the payment screen. The desk doesn't answer the phone on weekends.
    Dealing with the Zion permit system is such a peaceful and relaxing experience.

/sarcasm

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I think the last minute draw may be an improvement.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Was in Birch a few week ago. It was a bit muddy then, but not to bad. If it hasn't rained my bet is that it is dry now.
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Opinion of last minute just went up. I pulled a permit for mystery tuesday for 6 and didn't have to wait in line. :) 54 people were vying for it.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Opinion of last minute just went up. I pulled a permit for mystery tuesday for 6 and didn't have to wait in line. :) 54 people were vying for it.

Woohoo!

North Fork road recently flattened all the way out. Said to be the best its been in years. Sedan compatible.

Was in Birch yesterday, and it is dry dry dry. Replaced one anchor that was poorly tied. The rest seemed OK, at least by my low standards...

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Woohoo!

North Fork road recently flattened all the way out. Said to be the best its been in years. Sedan compatible.

Was in Birch yesterday, and it is dry dry dry. Replaced one anchor that was poorly tied. The rest seemed OK, at least by my low standards...

Tom
    I didn't notice any bad ones yesterday, but my standards are even lower. Unless it was on the big tree rap, we fiddlesticked off the tree because that pull sucks and didn't really look at the webbing / rope combo

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    Unless it was on the big tree rap, we fiddlesticked off the tree because that pull sucks and didn't really look at the webbing / rope combo
    That pull does suck.