BLM controversy in Southern Utah

Crazy stuff goin' on down there...

---

SALT LAKE CITY

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BLM controversy in Southern Utah

Looks like the good ole boys showed up.

This is out of hand. Sounds like it could be another Ruby Ridge or Waco in a hurry

LNT

So maybe the real dispute is whether or not his family had the original rights to the land?

There is no controversy. ... The cattle rancher Bundy is nothing but a thief stealing over one million dollars from you and me by not paying his federal grazing fees. He should be in prison and his cattle sold at auction to pay for his past due bills.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

7. Likes Taylor, deagol, Glenn, ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    There is no controversy. ... The cattle rancher Bundy is nothing but a thief stealing over one million dollars from you and me by not paying his federal grazing fees. He should be in prison and his cattle sold at auction to pay for his past due bills.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

WRONG.

Bundy owned the land before the BLM laid claim to any parcel of property on his land. The real thief here is the federal government.

It would be like if tomorrow the BLM swooped in and laid claim to your house and asserted that you could still live there - you just had to pay them a hefty annual fee. It's B.S.

If you wanna talk about the investment of taxpayers money, let's talk about how much it cost to fund sending federal marshals out with helicopters and a small army of armed rangers...really?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'll reserve judgement.

Read about the Hage family in Northern Nevada or watch this video.
    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...A472F91919D21B

The government has the ability to tie one up in court rulings, endlessly.
    Would that give one a feeling of hopelessness?

Regardless of legality either way, here.
    A government agency armed for war to remove cattle, can hardly be viewed as a peaceful solution.
    Labeling a given area as a "1st Amendment area", is hardly constitutional in my mind.
    The entire country should be a 1st Amendment area, as well as the rest of the Constitution.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

10. Likes bowjunkie liked this post
    It's stupid. By the BLM's own admission they are spending 2 million dollars for this round-up of 900 cows, so at best at a $1000 a head, $900,000. Why wouldn't they just round up 300 head when, by their own press release, they would be happy with the judges previous judgement ruling of $300K? These are cows that are dying and being buried near the road with a govt backhoe.

It's really about the proposed fracking leases in the area and the actual Bundy owned property (not BLM leases) that extends to the interstate. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy but there are some alarming coincidences regarding the gas exploration and his ranch.

I'm a bit passionate about the Gold Butte areas as I've been dirt biking there since I was a kid and have steadily watched area after area get closed off and I think It's interesting as a state's rights vs govt rights situation and this isnt the first time, they tried to round up his cows a few years ago too. Now I agree the Bundy guy is a bit wacko and for sure it's escalated by his refusal to accept the BLM's rulings and get his cattle of the land. This has been going on for years and years and his view the BLM is trying to regulate him out of business.

On the BLM side they have been trying to resolve this judicially for years and from what I understand two separate judges have issued orders. So the real issue here is whether the BLM has the right to take his land and then charge him for its use. Especially since his family has been there since the 1800's. He's willing to pay but wants the money to go to the state and not the feds.

Anyways, I find the whole thing pretty interesting.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

He's willing to pay but wants the money to go to the state and not the feds.
    I believe he said the county rather than state. It doesn't sound like he likes the state either.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

This is one of the things I have a problem with, the gov. saying where one can exercise his natural rights!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

14. Likes bowjunkie liked this post
    And what is worse, is that they have had these signs made up....

ponder that
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

16. Likes bowjunkie, rockgremlin, nelsonccc liked this post
    No matter which side of this situation you may agree with, it is a VERY SAD commentary on what's happening in this country - and especially about what is so often becoming the relationship between the government and the People - that SO MANY Federal agencies seem to have (and so very often use) SWAT team's, sniper rifles and similar "resources" when dealing with ordinary people, ordinary citizens .... and tax payers. :(

18. Likes nelsonccc liked this post
    What's the legal background of the property? The United States acquired ownership of the land in question from Mexico via the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo (1848), long before Mr. Bundy claims his family started using the property. The Nevada Territory was officially established in 1861; Nevada became a state in 1864. http://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/ghtreaty/

This site (http://www.onlinenevada.org/articles/nevada-statehood) offers a summary of the original constitution of the State of Nevada, which was approved by the vote of the people of the Territory of Nevada in 1864 (before Bundy's first claimed use of the land). It says the requirements of the congressional act enabling Nevada statehood "included ... the statement that all undistributed public lands would be retained by the federal government..."

- plagiarized but if true seems pretty cut and dry. Dude never "owned" the land. Once he stopped paying his lease out of protest or whatever, he shot himself in the foot IMO.

20. Likes deagol, Glenn liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by mattandersao View Post
    What's the legal background of the property? The United States acquired ownership of the land in question from Mexico via the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo (1848), long before Mr. Bundy claims his family started using the property. The Nevada Territory was officially established in 1861; Nevada became a state in 1864. http://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/ghtreaty/

This site (http://www.onlinenevada.org/articles/nevada-statehood) offers a summary of the original constitution of the State of Nevada, which was approved by the vote of the people of the Territory of Nevada in 1864 (before Bundy's first claimed use of the land). It says the requirements of the congressional act enabling Nevada statehood "included ... the statement that all undistributed public lands would be retained by the federal government..."

- plagiarized but if true seems pretty cut and dry. Dude never "owned" the land. Once he stopped paying his lease out of protest or whatever, he shot himself in the foot IMO.

Well now, that changes everything.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

23. Likes rnelson liked this post
    Now I just read that they've dismantled the 'First Amendment Area."
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Everyone has a problem with "what's happening in this country" but expects OTHERS to "do something about it"

Whatever you find sad, deplorable, etc. about what is going on...look in the mirror. YOU are the problem.

And obviously I am also looking in the mirror.

26. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    It's stupid. By the BLM's own admission they are spending 2 million dollars for this round-up of 900 cows, so at best at a $1000 a head, $900,000. Why wouldn't they just round up 300 head when, by their own press release, they would be happy with the judges previous judgement ruling of $300K? These are cows that are dying and being buried near the road with a govt backhoe.

It's really about the proposed fracking leases in the area and the actual Bundy owned property (not BLM leases) that extends to the interstate. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy but there are some alarming coincidences regarding the gas exploration and his ranch.

I'm a bit passionate about the Gold Butte areas as I've been dirt biking there since I was a kid and have steadily watched area after area get closed off and I think It's interesting as a state's rights vs govt rights situation and this isnt the first time, they tried to round up his cows a few years ago too. Now I agree the Bundy guy is a bit wacko and for sure it's escalated by his refusal to accept the BLM's rulings and get his cattle of the land. This has been going on for years and years and his view the BLM is trying to regulate him out of business.

On the BLM side they have been trying to resolve this judicially for years and from what I understand two separate judges have issued orders. So the real issue here is whether the BLM has the right to take his land and then charge him for its use. Especially since his family has been there since the 1800's. He's willing to pay but wants the money to go to the state and not the feds.

Anyways, I find the whole thing pretty interesting.
    What are the odds in Vegas that eventually this all ties back in to dingy harry and corruption?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

28. Likes bowjunkie liked this post
    http://danaloeschradio.com/the-real-...e-bundy-ranch/
    Hank is right, we are the problem. To elaborate further, we blindly stand by while we allow the government and its special interests systematically dismantle our freedoms and rights. Some of the things I see going on in Nevada are straight out of some foreign country-not America. We have done this to ourselves by ignorant voting, not fully understanding the issues and putting people in control who are NOT supporting our fundamental rights.
    Mountain guy trapped in the wetlands of Florida.

30. Likes bowjunkie, BruteForce liked this post
    All I know is that when they finally chased all the cows out of the Escalante drainage is sure got a hell of a lot nicer down there.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.