Thread: Canyoneering Course providers?

Canyoneering Course providers?

Can anyone recommend some canyoneering course providers? Or perhaps, more at what I am trying to find out, is that now that the ACA turned into an "academy" is there a recognized authority for canyoneering instruction?

At least with caving, we have our own clubs in Canada, and the NSS in the US, which kind of have the expertise 'high-ground' for standard practice, etc. Is there a comparable organization or authority like that for canyoneering? Because up in the north there is not. Not enough of us yet. But if we do get going I want to start on the right foot.

I would even settle for good manual/instruction book suggestions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Can anyone recommend some canyoneering course providers? Or perhaps, more at what I am trying to find out, is that now that the ACA turned into an "academy" is there a recognized authority for canyoneering instruction?
    Everyone on Bogley is an authority.... just ask them....

Seriously, there is no single umbrella organization or authority on canyoneering in the USA. The only thing that made the ACA such an organization was they posted it on their website and printed it on their business cards, or at least they would have if they actually had business cards. But there was nothing official about the ACA other than their claim.

There are several excellent canyoneering schools in Utah, several of the guides and instructors are members of Bogley so I'll let them toot their own horn.

Probably the only book worth reading is Dave Black's: Canyoneering.

You also might find this useful: Canyoneering Primer

I recommend Darkhorse. http://www.darkhorseleadership.com/

You may want to attend the Zion Canyoneering Rendezvous. http://www.zioncanyonrendezvous.com/
    Life is Good

I enjoyed the training I received for North Wash Outfitters.

http://www.northwashoutfitters.com/

Jared does a great job!
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey