Thread: Sierra Canyons down?

Sierra Canyons down?

Anyone know if Sierracanyons.org is down for good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

No idea, but very glad I saved all the pages from there!

Quote Originally Posted by elenius View Post
    No idea, but very glad I saved all the pages from there!
    Would you mind throwing them in a .zip file and uploading them somewhere? There was a lot of useful info on there.

Ditto for me elenius. I used the info quite a bit and only had 3 or 4 of the TR's.

-Mike

Does anyone have the contact of the original SierraCanyons.org owners?
    I'd like to find a new home for their beta and would like to get their permission before I do so.
    Of course, all proper credits will be due, in fact their original beta will be kept in the PDF format.

I found a new home for the beta of the now defunct sierracanyons.org... I have uploaded them to RopeWiki to complement the information on Sierra canyons that was already there. I am missing the PDF for Sleep Disorder, can anyone send it to me? If you go to http://ropewiki.com/index.php/California_Sierras you can see the canyons currently documented for that region. There are several canyons (added by other users) that were NOT in the original sierracanyon.org lineup: Jump, Opho, Shaver Cut, Salmon Creek and many others. If you know of any other Sierra canyon, could you please add them to RopeWiki too? Anyone can contribute, with more canyons, with more gps maps, more condition reports, etc. Thanks

BTW: Before posted them I contacted the original sierracanyons.org girl... she never answered with a negative, their PDFs were under Creative Commons license same that RopeWiki uses, so I just uploaded them and will take them down if they ever complain. In the meantime, all credit to where original beta came from is properly given in each link where the PDF can be downloaded from.

9. Likes ratagonia, Mojave Silence liked this post
    I have the pdf for Sleep disorder but for some reason it is corrupted. I'm wondering if anyone else has a good one?

A copy of Sleep Disorder is attached. I have a PDF file of all the routes that were on Sierra Canyons, it would be nice if the information from Sierra Canyons could find a good home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    it would be nice if the information from Sierra Canyons could find a good home.
    http://ropewiki.com/index.php/Beta