Thread: No Kidding

No Kidding

I'm planning a trip through NK for early May and the number of people that want to join just keeps on growing, we are currently looking at 9 if everyone who has expressed interest shows up. In general I don't have a problem with taking a large group as they are all competent canyoneers, but I don't know much about this canyon as this will be my first time through. My question is would a large group be a serious problem in this canyon, aside from us moving really slowly? Should we split up and do two different canyons that day?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
    I'm planning a trip through NK for early May and the number of people that want to join just keeps on growing, we are currently looking at 9 if everyone who has expressed interest shows up. In general I don't have a problem with taking a large group as they are all competent canyoneers, but I don't know much about this canyon as this will be my first time through. My question is would a large group be a serious problem in this canyon, aside from us moving really slowly? Should we split up and do two different canyons that day?
    No Kidding is an excellent canyon for a big group. Having multiple people test each anchor is a good thing; it facilitates easier finding of the 'sweet spot', the place between having too much sand in the Trap and having too little. Bring 2 or 3 Sandtraps and lots of rope so you can leapfrog each other, then it won't go so slowly. You can borrow my Sandtrap if you'd like.

Even if you did go slowly I doubt there would be many objections. It is a beauty of a canyon, fun and engaging the whole way.

Tip: Leave a rope tied to the horn on rap #1, pick it up at the end of the day.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

4. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
    Just to make sure...You or someone in your group has experience with sand traps, correct?

Ditto to what slot machine said. If everyone is competent with sandtrap and potshot anchors, you can easily spread out and turn the standing around time into get the next anchor ready time. The scenery in there is great, it's a good canyon to admire if moving slower.