Thread: Canyoneering Parker Creek Canyon Sunday April 6th

Canyoneering Parker Creek Canyon Sunday April 6th

Hi everyone. I'm planning to head to Parker Creek Canyon in Tonto National Forest this Sunday. I'm thinking to just do the 1.7 mile loop ~2 or 3 hrs. Anyone interested in joining me? Has anyone done it before who can give advice?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by canyonexplorer View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm planning to head to Parker Creek Canyon in Tonto National Forest this Sunday. I'm thinking to just do the 1.7 mile loop ~2 or 3 hrs. Anyone interested in joining me? Has anyone done it before who can give advice?
    Ignore the cadillac exit mentioned in Todd's book. Instead, continue down stream past a 50' rappel and then a 80' rappel. At the bottom of the 80' rappel, gear down and hike out the drainage which comes in on canyon right (west). Route find up the drainage back on top of the rim and head cross country to the north till you get back to FR 488, which you should have parked on, and take the road back to your vehicle.

Oh..... Parker is also cold this time of year, not nearly as cold as Bear, but.... you will need more than a shorty!

FYI, there will be a group of us in the area all weekend and Parker was the likely canidate for Sunday! May see you in there! Enjoy, its a good one.

Thanks for the tip. I'll do that. Glad to have a few more rappels. Where are you going on Sat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MrAdam View Post
    FYI, there will be a group of us in the area all weekend and Parker was the likely canidate for Sunday!
    Adam, is this part of the trainging rendezvous?

Quote Originally Posted by mzamp View Post
    Adam, is this part of the trainging rendezvous?
    Nope, although that is going on also. Just some out of town friends coming down to enjoy some class C snowmelt....... of course mother nature did not want to help us out with that this year. Oh well.

7. Likes mzamp liked this post