Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Rage Instant Karma

2. Likes DiscGo, StudChild liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It amazes me that people still don't realize you should hold a phone horizontal when filming.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

5. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Driver of the car (the shooter of the video) failing to change lanes into the middle lane and out of the path of the tailgating truck, even after given ample distance and opportunity. I hate that crap. If you're in the passing lane and someone approaches from behind and rides your bumper you are breaking the law if you don't yield and get out of the passing lane, regardless of speed limit.

I also liked how the driver of the car found humor in the truck driver's wreck (and possible injury), after the actions of the driver of the car are what contributed to his accident in the first place. Classy.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I saw this a few days ago and was going to post it. Crazy sauce!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Driver of the car (the shooter of the video) failing to change lanes into the middle lane and out of the path of the tailgating truck, even after given ample distance and opportunity. I hate that crap. If you're in the passing lane and someone approaches from behind and rides your bumper you are breaking the law if you don't yield and get out of the passing lane, regardless of speed limit.

I also liked how the driver of the car found humor in the truck driver's wreck (and possible injury), after the actions of the driver of the car are what contributed to his accident in the first place. Classy.
    IF the speed limit was higher than 60 MPH, then yes, the driver should have moved out of the passing lane at her first opportunity. I noted that she briefly showed the speedometer and it was right at 60 MPH. But, 60 MPH or less, then I have no issue with her speed/lane location.

I do find her reaction to a potentially deadly accident troubling, but she did not CAUSE the accident: that was solely due to the excess speed and oversteering done by the other driver. He was well in front of her when he began to lose control (good thing for her).

Personally, when folks do that to me, I'll try to get out of the way ASAP just to avoid any problems, even if I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

I was thinking the same thing too about the passing lane, but I've seen a few interviews with the woman driver, and it doesn't appear that it was a highway. It was just some 4 lane road, and she was about to turn left as well so she couldn't get out of that lane.

And if that jackass would have crashed in front of me, not only would I have busted out laughing, but I would have kept filming as I turned around and drove up real close with my camera to film the full effect of his damage. I would have laughed much louder and filmed much longer.

10. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post

I was thinking the same thing too about the passing lane, but I've seen a few interviews with the woman driver, and it doesn't appear that it was a highway. It was just some 4 lane road, and she was about to turn left as well so she couldn't get out of that lane.

And if that jackass would have crashed in front of me, not only would I have busted out laughing, but I would have kept filming as I turned around and drove up real close with my camera to film the full effect of his damage. I would have laughed much louder and filmed much longer.

WWJD?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    WWJD?

What Would Justin Do???

I thought he just told you
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    What Would Justin Do???

I thought he just told you

LOL.

Basically, if you're in the passing lane and someone is tailgating you, don't take it upon yourself to enforce the speed limit for everyone behind you....just move over and out of the way. Its not that difficult.

Stubbornly slow vehicles that just "cruise" the passing lane are safety hazards.

I'm not condoning the actions of the truck driver, but I think the driver of the car was definitely a contributor to the accident and possible injury of many others on the road that day. That "innocent" little driver of the car was being just as much of a dink as the driver of the truck.

I would have done the same thing except I would have been right over there next to him to see if he was ok. Let him be a dumb ass, but be the bigger person and check to see if he is ok. If he comes out swinging with a baseball bat however....
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

She said she was turning left in just a bit, and it wasn't a highway. That's what i thought at first though until i saw some follow up interviews with her

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

According to other articles, she did call 911 right after he crashed. He, however, fled the scene and was ticketed later:

http://tbo.com/news/crime/tailgater-...-say-20140327/

you are breaking the law if you don't yield and get out of the passing lane, regardless of speed limit.
    What law do you speak of? (honest question) Perhaps she was not following general driving etiquette, but she wasn't breaking any law (even on this was on a highway).

I couldn't believe she didn't turn around to film the wreckage. So disappointing!
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    What law do you speak of? (honest question) Perhaps she was not following general driving etiquette, but she wasn't breaking any law (even on this was on a highway).

I couldn't believe she didn't turn around to film the wreckage. So disappointing!
    Maybe not in Texas, it is a law in Utah though

http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE41/htm/41_06a070400.htm

19. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    (a) On any highway: (i) the operator of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction shall:
    (A) except as provided under Section 41-6a-705, promptly pass the overtaken vehicle on the left at a safe distance; and
    (B) enter a right-hand lane or the right side of the roadway only when safely clear of the overtaken vehicle;
    (ii) the operator of an overtaken vehicle:

(A) shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle; and
    (B) may not increase the speed of the vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle

Pretty straight forward. For some reason however, idiots in Utah feel they "have the right" to be in the passing lane regardless of what the law says. Like they feel they're doing everyone a favor by slowing the flow of traffic down to the speed limit or lower.

21. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    (a) On any highway:
    But, what's a highway?

Let's say this was on State Street in Salt Lake City. The left lane is not particularly labeled as a passing lane. It's just another lane. There are probably traffic lights on this road as well, where at every single light you'll probably run into somebody slowing down to get into the left turn lane, so the expectation of constantly passing traffic in the right lanes is uneducated.

In fact, on any road where you can make a left turn from the inside lane, you cannot possibly be passing in that lane all the time because you will inevitably be putting on the brakes at some point to turn left.

If this were the Freeway, I'm totally in agreement. People in the left lane who are not passing traffic should be pulled over and ticketed.

why were they filming anyway? Would have been the most boring ass video ever he hadn't lost control.

(a) On any highway: (i) the operator of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction shall:
    (A) except as provided under Section 41-6a-705, promptly pass the overtaken vehicle on the left at a safe distance; and
    (B) enter a right-hand lane or the right side of the roadway only when safely clear of the overtaken vehicle;
    (ii) the operator of an overtaken vehicle:

(A) shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle; and
    (B) may not increase the speed of the vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle

Pretty straight forward. For some reason however, idiots in Utah feel they "have the right" to be in the passing lane regardless of what the law says. Like they feel they're doing everyone a favor by slowing the flow of traffic down to the speed limit or lower.
    Huh. I had no idea that this was a law, but I'm the guy the sets his cruise to 5 over and doesn't sweat what other people do.

I bet many others are not aware of this law.

Thanks for looking it up AG and RG.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

25. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ahansen60 View Post
    It amazes me that people still don't realize you should hold a phone horizontal when filming.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    This is probably one of the biggest crimes committed in the footage. Vertical videos drive me insane, there is no reason to hold the damn phone vertical while filming. In fact, there should be a class action lawsuit against all phone manufacturers to stop the auto rotate of the footage when filmed vertically, so the idiots are punished with footage that is 90 degrees off when they post to Facebook and YouTube, just so they'll learn.

This, and when people get the genius idea to rotate the phone 90 degrees in the middle of filming for some damn reason. Oh, oh, their feet are included in the frame now. Good, because i was losing interest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

27. Likes Eric Holden liked this post
    If you're in the passing lane and someone approaches from behind and rides your bumper you are breaking the law if you don't yield and get out of the passing lane, regardless of speed limit.
    No one will be pulled over for going the speed limit, but you can (and should) be ticketed for not allowing enough following distance. In short, there is no legal way of "riding" someone's bumper, and if there were an accident the person who was following too closely that rear-ended the front vehicle would be ticketed and not the front vehicle for not getting out of their way.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5