Thread: Backpacks

Backpacks

I am trying to find a good but cheap backpack for carrying gear for canyons like mystery, spry , and pine creek

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Those canyons aren't super tight, so as long as you're careful and avoid the walls then whatever pack you take won't take a beating so you won't need a special pack. I would suggest getting the cheapest pack you can find, and then if you plan on doing more canyons in the future get an Imlay pack when they are available.

4. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Head to walmart and find the cheapest one you can! :)
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    While your there, stop by the sewing department and pick up a grommet kit. A half dozen grommets in the bottom of your new pack will allow the water to fill and drain quickly while swimming through potholes.

8. Likes Kuya, Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Aren't all of the packs at Walmart cheap?

I'd change that to "Head to Walmart and find the toughest pack you can!" Go ahead, get crazy, spend that extra $1.73.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdt92065 View Post
    What size is good considering gear
    30-ish liters should work nicely.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

10. Likes Dakine liked this post
    Buy a used pack and a grommet kit and maybe a tube of freesole to repair any small holes/loose seams, etc.

Cheap Wal-Mart pack, then get some gorilla tape and tape the hell out of any spots that are likely to see a lot of contact with the canyon wall.

Thanks I got the outdoor products arrowhead

Last edited by Jdt92065; 03-28-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Misspelled

Quote Originally Posted by Jdt92065 View Post
    Looks like a great climbing pack! I have a climbing pack that I have used for a few years now. It is trashed!! What is nice about this one is that it doesn't have any zippers to get jammed. But all of these buckles and such on the outside will get sanded down. The pack material will also not hold up extremely well to the canyon walls. BUT i imagine you could get a season or two's worth out of it.
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey