Thread: Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages

simply put, this canyon exceeded my expectatios. I LOVED the climb up this canyon, Pool Arch was very pretty, the short slot canyon was fun, the big canyon walls were majestic, and the final drop was seemingly larger than expected! not to mention It was great to be able to walk out of the canyon on a road! All in all, this was a great way to begin a day of canyoneering in Moab.

My favorite part of this whole route is standing near Pool Arch and gazing over the sandstone fins! what an AMAZING site!

Full TR can be found HERE
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great video as always Blake! Nice shots of the arch.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

What anchor is being used at the last drop now?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Great video as always Blake! Nice shots of the arch.
    Thank you!
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    What anchor is being used at the last drop now?

There are some bolts that have been placed just off the lower cliff edge. The placement of the bolts were good, they allowed for a clean rope pull.
    My YouTube Channel

If you are talking about the "lean-too" bolts they have to be some of the worst placed bolts ever. The only positive thing that anyone could possibly say about them is the rope pull is good, because everything else about them totally sucks.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

9. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Has anyone simul rappeled the arch yet? Getting on it would be sketchy.

I have some friends who have done it. Funny thing from his story: while he was ok simul-rapping, he had to crawl out there on hands and knees while his kids watched, amused...