Thread: Glaucoma 03-17-14

Glaucoma 03-17-14

On Monday, March 17th, 5 of us drove down for the day to the Warm Springs area for a trip through Glaucoma. The 5 included, me (neon green shirt), Kelli (dark green shirt), Weston (gray shirt), Curtis (red Scheels shirt) and BJ (red shirt). This was BJ's first canyon. Glaucoma is only a 1/4 mile long, but with how sandy the walls were, this canyon should not to be underestimated. I was surprised how long it took to traverse the 1000-1500 feet of canyon. Be safe out there!
    Rob
    Name:  P1010003.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  124.0 KB
    Name:  P1010005.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  142.9 KB
    Name:  P1010008.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  98.0 KB
    Name:  P1010009.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  159.2 KB
    Name:  P1010010.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  138.2 KB
    Name:  P1010011.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  76.5 KB
    Name:  P1010014.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  68.1 KB
    Name:  P1010016.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  104.7 KB

2. Likes Mountaineer, Slot Machine liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Awesome photos Rob... very impressed. No story?? Was it harder than Sandthrax?

How did BJ do? Being a brand new canyoneer, why start him with an X canyon?

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine
    Awesome photos Rob... very impressed. No story?? Was it harder than Sandthrax?

How did BJ do? Being a brand new canyoneer, why start him with an X canyon?
    There isnt really any story, other than we had a great time, weather was amazing, and I loved the canyon. I am not as good at painting a picture with words as you... (a real talent of yours).

Based on length, I was expecting it to be 1/2 of Sandthrax, but it actually took more out of me than Sandthrax. It has alot more ups and downs than Sandthrax. If you look close at the photos you can see that everything was covered in a layer of sand. When there are features to stand on, its not that big of a deal, but when there are none, sliding down on the sand sucks the energy out of you. Once done with the canyon and considering the conditions, Weston and I agreed that it was every bit as difficult as Sandthrax.

BJ did great for a first canyon. I would never recommend it to a new canyoneer, but BJ has climbed through the years, and we felt confident taking him with the rest of our help.

Again, this canyon is not recommended for the general canyoneering public.

6. Likes Slot Machine, ratagonia liked this post
    Awesome pictures.
    --Cliff

Looks every much mental as physical. Great job.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum