Thread: Need partners in Utah and Colorado late May through June 2014

Need partners in Utah and Colorado late May through June 2014

May 24th should find me in the Zion NP area looking for canyoneering, climbing, and mountain biking partners. I'll be vagabonding my way throughout Utah and Colorado all summer so let me know if you would like to join forces.

My canyoneering and climbing experience is minimal but I have had guide-based training on self rescue, anchor building, transitions, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't qualify as a real dirt bag but hope to live the fantasy of freedom that the lifestyle promises.

Let me know if you have a trip in mind that I can join and I'll be happy to let you in on my plans.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Shouldn't I at least get a few sarcastic replies? Nope, nothing. Having to reply to your own invite thread might be the definition of pathetic.

Maybe I'm just impatient. More likely, I just came across as a jerk. Let's start off anew.

On May 19th I'm leaving my home in Florida to travel to Utah and Colorado for the purpose gaining as much experience as possible in Canyoneering and Climbing. I've saved my money and have unlimited time and resources to accomplish these goals. Florida isn't the rock capitol of the world so you can understand why none of my friends are interested in my trip.

I have climbed at my local indoor gym but don't go regularly. On a previous trip to Wyoming, I hired a climbing guide and he spent several days with my kids and me trying to teach us how not to kill ourselves. And I have taken a three day canyoneering leadership course in Red Rocks. I also have read everything on Bogley, so that pretty much makes me an expert. I do have decades of experience backpacking and mountain biking in the Rockies and feel competent with a map and compass.

I own enough equipment for two canyoneers and practice with it as best I can from the flat lands of Florida. The plan is to head to Zion first because I thought it would be the best place to meet and meetup with possible partners.

In addition to the easy and some of the intermediate canyons in the Zion area, I hope to do some multiday backpacking and mountain biking trips.

I'm very happy to carry your gear and buy your beer.

I look forward to hearing from you, even if you are just wishing to mock my noobness.

Look me up when it gets closer and I will know more. Most of our trips don't get planned that far in advance to set anything up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thoughts as Kody above. A lot of trips pop up with only a few weeks planning. I'll try to keep you in mind as summer approaches. Definitely bump this thread in the coming weeks.

I'm ready for trips now and forever ! I live in Moab and Hanksville area

When do you head back in June?

Thank you for the replies. Now I don't feel so alone.

Definitely bump this thread in the coming weeks.
    I'll take your advice and bump this thread as I get closer to arriving in Utah.

When do you head back in June?
    I have to be in Rifle, Colorado on July 6th.

I'll be around Zion.

Felicia
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

I have a trip planned that far in advance you're welcome to join. But it looks like you won't be arriving in Utah until the week after. I will be backpacking through Death Hollow near Escalante May 14th through the 18th. I am in the same situation as you, being that I cannot seem to get any of my friends to join, so I am going solo. :) But since you said you are looking to do some backpacking so you are welcome to join, that is if you can get out here one week earlier.

Here is somebody's trip with some pictures to give you an idea of what Death Hollow is like:

http://backcountrypost.com/forum/thr...ail-trail.558/

I have a trip planned that far in advance you're welcome to join.
    Thank you for the invite. If I was able to get out there any earlier, I'd be happy to join you. Unfortunately, May 19th is the earliest I can start my trip.

The DH trip looks to be a good one to do solo. I bet you'll have a good time with our without a partner.

I've done it solo once before. And yes, it was very fun!

My plan to be irresponsible all summer and do nothing but canyoneer, climb, and mountain bike is still on. If you have an outing planned that you wouldn't mind me joining, then please let me know and I'll do my best to convince you that I will not be a burden.

I have some permit reservations in Zion NP that I can't fill. Let me know if anyone would like any of the following and I'll try to figure out how they are transferred:

May 27 Pine Creek Quantity 2
    May 27 Keyhole Quantity 2
    May 29 Spry Quantity 1

I'll be backpacking from Lee Pass to the Grotto from June 3-7 over the usual trails but hope to add a loop through Willis and Beartrap Canyons. I believe there is only one rappel in Beartrap. But since it seems a bit remote, I'd like to find a partner for at least the Willis/Beartrap loop.

Hope to hear from a few of you.

Regards,

Craig

Just bumping this thread. I have arrived in Springdale and will be looking to meet others. I'll be doing Pine creek and Keyhole on the 27th and Spry on the 29th and could still use a partner or two for those.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I just joined Bogley because I am looking to join on some kind of a trip in Utah from June 9th through 15th. I start a wfr course in salt lake on June 16th so I need to be back in the area by the 15th at the latest. I wanted originally to backpack death hollow in escalante but I am game for other ideas. I had back surgery 6 months ago so I am a little limited - can't ride bikes as hard yet as I would like. I started climbing a few months ago - mainly gym - and have done a few outdoor climbs in Boise but don't want to lead until my back heals after about a year. I have canyoneered with friends in Zion once but don't have that kind of gear - did Pine Creek and Keyhole. Willing to join something - backpacking or easier rock climbing if someone is experienced enough to lead - 5.7 to 5.9 outdoors. Used to kayak class 5 but haven't been in the boat yet since surgery and will probably stick with class 4 for now on - until I change my mind again later... Let me know if my week lines up with anything you have planned.