Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need some tire recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Dance View Post
    I suppose the same could be said for Super Swampers, but that's what they're made for.
    Certainly. They'll outperform my BFG AT's in snow and rock crawling and such.

For my uses, the trade-off for long wear for a small decrease in traction is good, where I do much more road driving than off-road.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So I ended up getting the Duratracs. It was a bit further than I had planned my budget for, but some of the others were an even further stretch. In the end, I decided that traction was a good decision maker, and since I drive my rig maybe 8k-10k a year, they will last for a while, even if not as long as some of the others. Then, after buying them I went over to North Willow canyon and did a little driving. I really like how they perform.

I have Duratracs on my Grand Cherokee and I've loved them, for the most part. Last weekend I had a flat, pulled it off the Jeep and found a sidewall puncture. It turned out being a small piece of wood that had punctured the tire. I ended up replacing a pair of them and using the other good used tire as a spare. For traction, they are great and I rarely even have to use 4WD.
    Blog | FB

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    I have Duratracs on my Grand Cherokee and I've loved them, for the most part. Last weekend I had a flat, pulled it off the Jeep and found a sidewall puncture. It turned out being a small piece of wood that had punctured the tire. .
    Yikes! That's not encouraging...a piece of wood? I've had plenty of flats in my day, but never has it been caused by wood.

I stuck a branch thru a 37 inch Krawler once. It was at 6 psi but shocked it could penetrate that thick sidewall.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not sure if you're aware but BFG is launching an all-new AT KO2 tire this fall. It's going to be a pretty sweet tire when it's available so something to consider for the next batch for your rig.
    OutdoorX4
    www.outdoorx4.com
    www.facebook.com/OutdoorX4
    twitter.com/OutdoorX4