Thread: Lake Powell Canyoneering Near the San Juan & Escalante

Lake Powell Canyoneering Near the San Juan & Escalante

I am reading posts on Bogley all the time, but rarely contribute. Thanks for all that do. Your beta and insight have been helpful for many years. I am a very experienced canyoneer. Done lots of Canyons in Zion, Robbers Roost, North Wash, Escalante, etc. Plus I have over 15 years of climbing experience.

I am looking for Beta on Canyon accessible from the water on Lake Powell. More specifically around the San Juan, Escalante, Hole in the Rock, Dangling Rope, etc. I have managed to find tons of beta not too far Bull Frog, but the group I go with likes to get away from the crowds. I have been to Lake Powell several times and some of the people I go with have been going every year for 15 years. We have a house boat, jet skis, and wake board boat, so we have the tools to get us just about any where on the water.

I am looking for canyon that are no harder then a 3BIII rating due to the crowd I will be with. I do not want to deal with really big keepers. I know that water condition on the lake can vary and depending on water level and you may not be able to access certain canyons.

Any help here would be great appreciated. I am going to be there for 10 days over 4th of July this year. Feel free and PM me if you do not want info to go public.

Thanks Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement