Thread: Trailrunners

Trailrunners

I got a pair of Nike Zoom Wildhorse trailrunners in October and have really enjoyed them. Have put on about 80 miles, mostly in the Timp foothills. A week ago I noticed the meshy upper ripping from where it's bonded to the lower. Makes sense I guess because there are a lot of rocks on those trails. Doesn't seem to cause problems running but does anyone think I should replace them right away? If I don't notice a change in running style or having to compensate at all, does it matter? About how often would you expect to replace trailrunners as opposed to regular road shoes?
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Over 200 miles on the same pair now and no issues with the rip. There is a nice solid inner that still hugs the feet well. At this point looking to replace simply because the shoe is broken down and compacted (worn out). Tough thing is they've moved on to the Zoom Wildhorse 2 and nobody has the originals in my size anymore. Sigh. Such is the way with running shoes.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

Shoes are like video games now. A new version comes out every year and support is dropped for last years iteration. I might suggest checking out Brooks Cascadia as well when shopping for your next trail runner. I am absolutely in love with them. I have never even heard of the Wildhorse by Nike before, but I will check them out next time I'm in the market for trail runners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually stumbled across some on Amazon this week that happened to be in my size. I bought two pair for $45 each. Cheaper than I paid for my first pair. It's Christmas early for me!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum