Thread: Best RV Park in Moab

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar

Best RV Park in Moab

Poor me.. starting mid-March, I have to "camp" in Moab for 2 weeks straight. Week 1, I'm having a team exercise with some of my direct reports. Immediately following that, my CEO is taking us to Moab for an Exec event.. so, I figure I should just take my 43' 5th wheel down and just camp out for those two weeks.

Which RV park is best for shade, power, WiFi and laundry? Slickrock, Moab Valley RV or Portal? Prices are all within $10/day.. ranging from $34/day to $45/day (Portal).
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    We've stayed at Canyonlands RV several times.

Probably not the nicest but seemed adequate.

http://www.canyonlandsrv.com/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Slickrock has good shade, but the facilities are a little dirty. Descent hot tubs. I enjoyed this place, but i have heard bad reviews.

Portal has little to no shade, and we found the owners to be very picky. I am not a fan of Portal, but my parents love it. It is very subjective.

Moab Valley has little to no shade, however the facilities were great, and the employees were very nice. Nice large hot tub!

Canyonlands is right downtown, the employees are friendly, and the facilities are descent. The location allows you to easily walk to several spots. City Market and the Brewery to name a few. That is nice when the Scorpion Pale Ale is flowing like water. Cons: Lots of road noise, and the entrance is tight with a big camper coming off the busy highway. The spaces are tight as well.

I hear Pack Creek campground is nice but I have never been there. Same with Riverside Oasis.

Wifi is spotty at best at all of them, did not try at Portal though. We did not do laundry at any. You will have medium to moderate road noise at MV and Slickrock. Portal was not bad for road noise. You are in a 5th wheel so you may be good.

One of my favorites has been Riverside Oasis. Good Shade, good people. I have had a hard time with reservations there the last few years so have been trying different campgrounds.

Moab Rim seems like it would be great for larger rv's. I have been in my camper several times. It's short on shade but convenient and clean. Owner is a bit grumpy but once the check in is over you hardly see her. wi-fi is spotty but works closer to the store.

A lesser known and nice park is "OK RV park" http://www.okrvpark.com/, Fair shade, quiet and out of the way. Very accommodating owners (helped with a spot for my flatbed trailer for a week) I think it will be a regular for me after the pleasant camping there last season.

I do not remember laundry at any of them but never asked either. I will be curious to hear a report of your findings on this subject and wherever you choose.