Thread: Driving time question- Burr Trail

Driving time question- Burr Trail

Hey guys and gals. Planning a trip this year out west, and I am kind of stuck on one portion. I am leaving from Red Canyon/ Bryce Canyon Utah early in the morning with a plan to travel via Utah 12, hook up with 24, then over to Moab. Drove this many times before, but now I want to hit the Burr Trail then exit onto Notom/Bullfrog Rd., then head back on course. I see I will need to stay on Burr until the end, then hook up with Muley Twist which dumps out onto Notom Rd. (I think?). My question is, how long would this diversion take? If I leave Bryce around 8am, is it possible to be in Moab by 5pm? I anticipate a few stops along Burr to enjoy the sights, but for the most part it would be a pretty mellow ride. Just want to see if it's even feasible to take this little side trip.
    Mountain guy trapped in the wetlands of Florida.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mountain Man
    Would be hard to do by 5pm. Burr is a great road, but it's not fast enough. Plus you'll be wanting to stop. The canyon section before the fold is breathtaking. Going over and down the fold is jawdropping. You don't want to fly through. If there's any water, several crossing points could be problematic depending on your car. 10-12 hrs to be expected. Leave at 6 and arrive at 6 I say! Well worth the drive.

4. Likes rich67 liked this post
    Thank you very much! That's what I was wondering. I don't want to speed through it and miss the sights. I have a Jeep Wrangler so the road itself shouldn't be an issue. I was initially planning on camping at Deer Creek and then heading out on the drive. I figure that's the best bet, since it's about 3 hours to Deer Creek from Page via Cottonwood Canyon (and maybe more, since we are planning on checking out Kodachrome), so I think that will be the plan.
    Mountain guy trapped in the wetlands of Florida.

Upper muley is awesome! Trust me...spend some time exploring around the burr trail if u can. Slots, petrified wood, arches, views...

safe travels

7. Likes rich67 liked this post