Thread: U.S. Firearm Production Sets Record in 2012

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

U.S. Firearm Production Sets Record in 2012

The report shows not only that Americans valued firearms in 2012 more than ever before, but also that they particularly valued the kinds of firearms that gun control supporters have tried the hardest to get banned--handguns and semi-automatic rifles.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2014/2/us-firearm-production-sets-record-in-2012-ar-15-production-up-over-100-percent.aspx
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The NRA's fear campaign is pure genius marketing. I'm not anti gun, but I don't have much use for the NRA. There's no way any significant gun control legislation is going to pass in this country regardless of who is president, and they know that but they also know what buttons to push to get people thinking they need more guns. I have all the guns I could possibly wield defending my family, yet the NRA would suggest I need more.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Oh please..... I've never once heard the NRA suggest you need more guns. The only thing I've ever heard them say is that if you want to keep your right to bear arms you need to become active in protecting the Bill of Rights.

And the running joke is that Obama is the worlds greatest gun salesman, which appears to be true.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

The NRA has helped make its members afraid of Obama, that's true. Maybe the more guns you have the harder it will be for the United Nations to find them all when they come to confiscate.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Laugh now.... but have you been following what is happening in Connecticut? Do you know what happened in Louisiana after Katrina?

It's all fun and games until the government actually shows up at your front door to take your guns.

The big problem is when armed government agents are standing on your doorstep to take your guns it's too late to act. It has happened before and it will happen again, to think differently is silly. It's much easier to stop the infringement of your rights when the threat first appears.

Now with all that being said I do agree the NRA could tone down the scare tactics a notch or two and be just as effective if not more.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I don't take anything that happens in Louisiana seriously. I realize that paranoiacs are right sometimes, but I'm not concerned with anything like that happening on Georgia - where every pickup has at least one gun in it. I may be wrong, but I'm not worried. You may call that naive, I call it rational. I guess we'll see who's right eventually. I do agree about the NRA, it does a lot of good as an organization but the leadership is the the pocket of the gun makers.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

This report was for 2012, I would expect 2013 numbers to be significantly higher than these.

As a side note, as a Life Member of the NRA, I approve of any successful method of raising funds to defend our rights. It's a shame, but if it takes scare tactics to get people to open their wallets, so be it.

The ACLU is far more concerned with your Constitutional rights than the NRA, if the truth be told. The NRA is just a gun lobby these days.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Quote Originally Posted by cchoc View Post
    the NRA, if the truth be told. The NRA is just a gun lobby these days.
    And they lobby for exactly what I want, which is one of the reasons why I send them a big ass check every year.

And to say the NRA is just a lobby group shows exactly how little you actually know about the NRA and everything they do.

Established in 1990, The NRA Foundation, Inc. ("NRA Foundation") is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that raises tax-deductible contributions in support of a wide range of firearm-related public interest activities of the National Rifle Association of America and other organizations that defend and foster the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans. These activities are designed to promote firearms and hunting safety, to enhance marksmanship skills of those participating in the shooting sports, and to educate the general public about firearms in their historic, technological, and artistic context. Funds granted by The NRA Foundation benefit a variety of constituencies throughout the United States, including children, youth, women, individuals with physical disabilities, gun collectors, law enforcement officers, hunters, and competitive shooters.

If you had read my post above you'd know that I agree with a lot of what the NRA does, just not with their leadership. I do own guns and am all for safe gun ownership and training, but am not, nor will I ever be, an NRA member. There are also plenty of other organizations that I'll never join, though, so that doesn't make the NRA anything special in that regard.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light