Thread: Anybody know about canyoneering in Kauai, Hawaii????

Anybody know about canyoneering in Kauai, Hawaii????

Has anyone or does anyone know of any canyoneering opportunities on the island of Kauai in Hawaii? I'm headed over there next month and want to do a canyon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Lots of private land issues on Kauai. You should PM @Dakine. He's a good dude and if anyone can give you some insight, it's him.

4. Likes Dakine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Green View Post
    Lots of private land issues on Kauai. You should PM @Dakine. He's a good dude and if anyone can give you some insight, it's him.
    X2 on both points.
    Also, access due to difficult terrain with few trails is an issue. Jungle bushwhacking can be brutal and very time-consuming. Lots of potential on that island though. If you are on FB, perhaps post an inquiry on the 808canyons page

6. Likes Dakine liked this post
    Aloha
    as the others have said it is mostly a problem of getting to the canyons. I am scouting one next week weather permitting. I will report back my findings. I have a feeling it might be an overnighter. If you want details feel free to PM me.
    A hui ho
    Dakine

8. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    We are headed to Kauai in June to visit my Parents. In addition to backpacking the Kalalau trail, skydiving, and getting our Rescue Diver cert, we'd love to do a canyon or two. If anyone's game to take two semi experienced Utah peeps send me a PM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

10. Likes Dakine liked this post
    Name:  AzLcllP.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  63.3 KB
    So I went and scouted it out. I was able to hike the trail above the two falls seen here. I am planning on running the canyon on the right in two weeks. I will report back after I complete it. I would be happy to show anyone who comes over. :-)
    Dakine

12. Likes Jolly Green, WorkBad liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakine View Post
    Name:  AzLcllP.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  63.3 KB
    So I went and scouted it out. I was able to hike the trail above the two falls seen here. I am planning on running the canyon on the right in two weeks. I will report back after I complete it. I would be happy to show anyone who comes over. :-)
    Dakine
    Hey! My name is Nigel and I brought a brand new rope and all my canyoneering equipment! Looking to get into something fun!

14. Likes Dakine liked this post
    Aloha Nigel feel free to PM me. If you are on Kauai let me know. I am going to attempt a canyon this coming saturday the 22nd FYI.