Thread: Bluejohn Canyon March 2003

Bluejohn Canyon March 2003

A few photos of me and my son in Bluejohn Canyon, March 2003. One month before Aron Ralston cut is arm off in the canyon, making the place world famous.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. Likes SRG, Taylor, ratagonia liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I love the pic with your boy on your shoulders.

He probably hiked most of the way...right? j/k

What route did you take in and out of there?

What route did you take in and out of there?
    This time, we came in the non-technical route south of the West Fork. The rest of the group climbed all the way up the Main Fork, but my wife and I went out the way we came in since we had our kid with us.

I used to have these photos posted online, but after Aron cut his arm off, I removed them because some newspaper contacted me about a story on how I took my kid through Bluejohn Canyon. I didn't think it would go over well with the arm amputation publicity, so I declined and removed the photos.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

6. Likes ratagonia, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I used to have these photos posted online, but after Aron cut his arm off, I removed them because some newspaper contacted me about a story on how I took my kid through Bluejohn Canyon.
    At the time of Ralston's accident I had a short video of Bluejohn Canyon on my website. NBC paid me $500 for the use of the video, portions of which they played one night on their national news broadcast.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3