Thread: Creon's Cave Beta

Creon's Cave Beta

Hello from Boise.
    I'm looking to find beta on vertical caves in the area. Our surrounding areas have lots of lava tubes that are well known and easily accessible which usually means one of two things. They host guided tours where you can simply take a set of stairs or ladder right into them, not very fun. Or some asshole kids went in and spraypainted them, broken glass, garbage, etc. I want to explore caves that their only in is by rope.

I'm familiar with the Darby caves but am looking for something closer to check out on days off. This leads into my question. I stumbled upon somewhere on the internet the more advanced caves at Craters of the Moon, Creon's, South Grotto. It seems like most of these are rather hush hush. Can anybody confirm that these are open to explore? Maybe any important technical data? I hear South Grotto is DEEP..

You can also just p.m. me if you don't wanna post it up on here, thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bump..

Any vertical cave locations? There is a YouTube video of a Pit II in southern Idaho. Has anyone visited this cave before?

So far the most vertical cave I found is Devil's Hole. Though as anyone who has been through it would tell you, is not very deep.

Your best bet is to join a local grotto and get in on some trips with them to visit the caves. I'm not trying to be a Debby Downer, but I'm 99% sure no one will post the locations here on a public forum, as that is very uncouth among cavers.
    "Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible" --Reinhold Messner

Hey, no Debbie downer taken. Thanks for the reply ill try and get in touch with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ndonaldj View Post
    Your best bet is to join a local grotto and get in on some trips with them to visit the caves. I'm not trying to be a Debby Downer, but I'm 99% sure no one will post the locations here on a public forum, as that is very uncouth among cavers.
    Donald is correct. I haven't seen many folks from Idaho here on Bogley in the caving threads. Several from down here in Utah and Colorado, but many of us only get up that way once in a very long time. It is hard to find cavers directly unless you stumble across their personal website, etc. The local NSS grotto's are often the best starting point to quickly find people interested in caves. I would get on a couple trips to anywhere with them so people can get to know you a little, and you quickly learn which people are out exploring the most and who has the best info.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbx View Post
    Donald is correct.
    Donald is my middle name, but this is Neil Johnson. Just so ya know ;)
    "Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible" --Reinhold Messner