Thread: Powder Mountain January 2014

Powder Mountain January 2014

The forecasted snowfall from last week's storms was once again greatly overestimated. Estimated to be 2 feet, turned out to be barely a foot of new snowfall. The base is still hurting pretty bad, it's been a terrible winter.

The untouched stuff can still be found though if you're willing to go through the trees and do a little hiking. We hiked over towards Raintree.

Name:  vlcsnap-2014-01-31-17h01m12s255.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  44.8 KB

Just a reminder to watch out for those fallen logs, here I almost got impaled by a branch sticking up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Holy crap. That could have been a significant internal injury. Coverage right now is deceptive. It looks good but you do have to be careful. I was at Basin Saturday and got flipped by a rock under an inch of snow over in Sisters' Bowl.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

Yeah this winter is horrible. Everybody got their hopes up around here yesterday when an inch fell, but then the clouds disappeared shortly after.

Not only do the season pass holders get screwed during the season, but Powder Mountain will end up closing earlier than normal, even when there's still snow, because it turns out in late March that the only ones still showing up are the Pass holders and the resort isn't bringing in new money, so they close it down.

I don't think I'll ever buy a Season Pass to Powder Mountain, I've considered Snowbasin though with their Educator discount.

You can't go wrong getting a season pass to the basin. They can make their own snow. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk