Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhino Rally

Rhino Rally

Not sure just what I signed up for but what the hell.
    I figure I stand less of a chance of getting hurt on this race than any other seems it's in my BACKYARD.
    We will see

I'm after the finish pin and to come in to the finish in one piece for starters.
    Anything better is just icing baby.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Send me lot's of luck boys and girls this is one that scares me most with it's bomb run style start.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    Right on ! Good luck. What class did you sign up for?
    Roger That....Over!

Novice: And I may very well come in last place.
    It is my backyard and most trails I know I've done lots but we will see.

My goals are like this.
    1- Get my finishers pin
    2-Get across the finish line in one piece.
    3- Have a blast doing it.

Oh and
    4- Learn from it.

I COULD ALWAYS USE SOME PRAYERS AND RAIN DANCES.
    You know just before and all.

So like if anyone is on a higher level than I am just use the drought conditions and throw in the Feb. 20-21 for good meassure. :)

THis race is a couple weeks out and my bike don't electric start like she used to but when warmed up the kick starter works like a gem.
    For those that can give me some advise on fast starts from the dead engine I am all ears.
    Just some good old hints to practice with until this race is what I'm looking for.

Maybe with a valve check and adjustment she will start like she used to with the magic button?

My son and I tried to sign up a couple days ago. They were sold out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Why worry about a quick start? Wait 5 minutes for the dust to settle and the crazies to be gone and then have a nice leisurely ride.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Have not used the kick starter much and was very happy to find out that the fuel pump comes on with the first kick. Unlike them Hondas that take 2 kicks to get some juice going to the pump.
    Takes a bit of timing to do both electric/kick at the same time.
    But works very well as long as you kick 30% before hitting the electric start. Bam and it is ready to rock.

Thank you Chet for that insight.

I want something respectable and that should be at least one better than last place LOL.

You alive? My buddy said it was a blast.

He took 3rd.

Said only 4 in his class.

Very tough race with I'd say about 80% Sand Whoops with 10% single tracks and rock ledges and about 10% washes.
    Feeling pretty beet down.
    I think there was like ten in my Novice over 50 class so I think I'm somewhere between 4th and 9th.
    I was parked next to a guy in my class riding a Husa. 300 2-t that came in about 5 min. after me so I know I did not take last.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Very tough race with I'd say about 80% Sand Whoops with 10% single tracks and rock ledges and about 10% washes.
    Feeling pretty beet down.
    I think there was like ten in my Novice over 50 class so I think I'm somewhere between 4th and 9th.
    I was parked next to a guy in my class riding a Husa. 300 2-t that came in about 5 min. after me so I know I did not take last.
    My buddy was in 45 + novice. Said there was carnage everywhere.

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    Way to go seeker! 👍👏 It's always an accomplishment just to finish one of those grueling races and get that finishers pin.
    Roger That....Over!

Good job man!!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Thanks guys it was hell and it was a blast and I would do it all over again the next day if I could just stand up today

Thanks Dbl that means a lot to me.