Thread: KTM Freeride.

KTM Freeride.

Since we can't buy a Freeride here in the States anybody bored and want to road trip to Monterrey Mexico and pick me one up? Anybody ever bought a bike in Mexico and brought it across the border?

http://www.bikesales.com.au/reviews/...ride-350-30213

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow, great article.. I have 9 bikes I need to part with, would like to get it down to 1... Maybe 2... It looks like the article is dated 2012.. Why can't we get them here in the states?

That does look like a good trail bike. I would wonder though if the 4 stroke 350 would be a little underpowered for desert riding? I wonder how the power delivery would compare to my 2 stroke? I'm guessing a bit sluggish but it would make up for it with the climbing ability.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I was wondering the same thing, I think wide open in the desert would be the only downside, my riding enjoyment is starting to adapt to the more technical and tight the funner though. I'm looking at doing the tour of Idaho again this year and am trying to find / build a bike for it.

So far I would live to go 350excfw fuel economy would be sweet and weight is nice, I have an 06 450x that I'm debating on setting up as well... Maybe a wr,, just depends on how feel the pockets are

did you see the 2 stroke 250? Funky pipe..

How deep the pockets are (sp...)

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeC View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, I think wide open in the desert would be the only downside, my riding enjoyment is starting to adapt to the more technical and tight the funner though. I'm looking at doing the tour of Idaho again this year and am trying to find / build a bike for it.

So far I would live to go 350excfw fuel economy would be sweet and weight is nice, I have an 06 450x that I'm debating on setting up as well... Maybe a wr,, just depends on how feel the pockets are

did you see the 2 stroke 250? Funky pipe..
    My buddy rides a 350. It is an awesome bike. The fuel mileage is amazing. He goes 100 miles in the desert pretty easy. I would keep my WR 450 for big motor rides. I want one for Single Track Technical stuff etc. I use to ride a TTR 230, I always said if they would build a bike around that size with motor and suspension it would rule. KTM has it we just can't get it. My Son just got home from an LDS mission in Mexico I am going to have him call the dealer in Monterrey and see what they have to say. My buddies and I want 3 of them. Well see........

Sweet, Moab mark - does your buddy feel that the 350 has enough top end? I ride with a lot of guys in wr 250s and (they desert race on them) and love them.. I think that's my main concern with the 350 vs a 450.
    Sweet on your son finishing his mission. (Not that that makes you feel old :)

I would be interested to hear the results of finding one in Mexico. I grew up in SoCal, and have a lot of friends and family down there, so I have been watching craigslist and a road trip to pick one up wouldn't be bad at all.

On another note, we're going to try to ride green river this Friday and sat. If anyone wants to join us.. Reason might be an issue though :(

He seems to really like his 350 for all riding. It's not a 450 but it sure feels a lot lighter. Ten times better then a 250. I use to have a wr 250. No comparison. The only dealer that is close to the border is monterrey.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Go to u dots cameras there's still some snow in that area. My buddy rode sovereign in Moab sat and said very little snow. So green river is probably ok. Shaded areas could be a pronlem.

Whatever happened to this? I'm becoming increasingly interested. Dealer here says he can't get them into the country. Might have to drive to Monterrey.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Whatever happened to this? I'm becoming increasingly interested. Dealer here says he can't get them into the country. Might have to drive to Monterrey.
    it's strange we got right down to putting money in an escrow acct. and he won't return emails. Maybe it wasn't smart discussing this on the internet. We think something on his side went south. We even had someone else lined up to bring them across the border, but he said that he could deliver them to laredo. No clue......

Since then have talked with KTM America, they are receiving phone calls on a daily basis wanting them. They said something may happen in June. If not KTM needs to Publicly state they will not becoming to the USA. The phone calls are driving them crazy. Time will tell.

Little late to the party, but I sure like my Husaberg 390. Works pretty dang good everywhere. It's the best dirt bike I've ever owned.

I've got my eye on the Husky 350 though. That's the hot sauce...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Little late to the party, but I sure like my Husaberg 390. Works pretty dang good everywhere. It's the best dirt bike I've ever owned.

I've got my eye on the Husky 350 though. That's the hot sauce...
    My buddy just had race techs enduro 2 inch lowering set up put in his ktm 350. I'm 5 10 and can flat foot it sitting on the seat. Rides unbelievable. He thinks it is a free ride now. Had to buy a 2 inch shorter kickstand. For short guys best grand ever spent.

Just for laughs and giggles I shaved my 500 1-1/2" in height and man does it make a big difference.
    Gives you confidence like right now baby and none of that tee ter totter feeling.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

They do have after market bolt on tanks for the real trials bikes Just got to figure out to keep them cool on the longer rides.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.