Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rope Bags available tomorrow

Rope Bags available tomorrow

We have been building these for canyon buddies in Vegas for a while.Name:  canyon werks rope bags.jpg
Views: 2034
Size:  85.3 KB
    website opens tomorrow. Link http://www.canyonwerks.com

2. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Awesome. Nice to konw that we have other options now. Do these float when full of rope?
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Yes, the sides are filled with slabs of closed cell flotation foam. We matched the amount of flotation to the comparable Imlay bags.
    The Canyon Werks SMALL is slightly larger in volumne than the Baguette and is shown in the photo stuffed with 120' of Canyon Fire 8.3mm.
    The Canyon Werks MEDIUM is slightly larger than the Bargarino and shown stuffed with 200' of Sterling CIV.
    The Canyon Werks LARGE is about the same volumne as the Large silo and is shown stuffed with 300' of 8mm Bluewater Canyon Pro with a little room to spare.

Are the medium sized bags really pink? Or is my monitor playing tricks on me?

Right now all sizes are made in both blue/yellow and neon-red/yellow. The neon red looks way pink in this bad photo though!
    So far it has been an even split with as many macho guys going for the red as the blue. We like the bright colors to keep the bags from
    getting overlooked bobbing around in a dark pothole.

8. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Why all the holes? What kind of material are these made of?

Good question. The sides of each bag are pvc (vinyl) coated marine fabric that (that has been perforated) and is lined with vinyl coated mesh, and includes flotation foam sandwiched between the layers. This has proven to be the toughest, most abrasion resistant combination that will contain and protect the rope AND at the same time drain water instantly. Our bag bottoms are also perforated vinyl and have perforated foam to cushion impact and dump water really quick. It is no accident that Imlay packs also use perforated vinyl fabric in the highest wear areas.

I've been lucky enough to be testing these bags out for about 5 months now and have been very pleased with them. Taken them through everything from Imlay in Zion to Cerberus in Death Valley and never been let down.

Glad to see they're finally ready for sale. Lots of people have been asking and waiting.

Name:  Canyon Werkz-0001.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  94.0 KB

I was also a tester of these bags for several months and I was very impressed with them. I purposely tried to abuse and destroy them, and I was barely able to put a scratch in one. They are very good bags.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Will your final product be "Made in the USA"?

That is important to me in purchasing products.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

14. Likes deagol liked this post
    Name:  DSCN3700.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  70.1 KBYES We have been manufacturing sewn products here in Vegas for the last 18 years.
    Building rope bags 'in house' keeps our sewing team employed and gives the highest possible quality control.
    -And when inventory runs low we just make some more.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    That is awesome.

You'll get my future business and references....

Glad to see it goes with my canyon pro DS
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

That is great, and far too rare these days. I will definitely keep your company in the forefront of my mind if/when looking for a new rope bag..

Loving it!

One quick thing, just regarding the web interface. When you "hover" the mouse over the medium rope bag for "more info" it sits over the small rope bag, so you can't really click on it to pull up more info.

Name:  medium.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  56.4 KB
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Is the patch now on the side/top vs on the front like on the home page? I like that its on the drawstring area. The backpack straps on the large is a good addition. I've sewn backpack straps to my large Imlay silos so that they are easy to carry when you have a large group and someone can just carry rope.

Whooooaaaaa! thank you for the web interface feedback! That is a bit goofy. We are trying to make it EASIER to get rope bags! We will fix!
    The Canyon Werks label HAS moved to the top (not the side) of the bags. It seems to be better protected there. We are thinking alike on the backpack straps!
    Thanks for the comments. Todd and Desi

So when are the CanyonWerks Canyon Backpacks gunna start being sold? ;)
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Hi Kuya....that IS an interesting question. Rope bags of course are easier than packs... But then that is how we started out 18 years ago- making custom packs. But then doing it right-
    anatomical back frames, bomber construction, different sizes for different back lengths, women's specific sizes... it's a lot. We are sort of motivated. Neither of us can tolerate the Imlay packs- the tent pole back frame hurts!.
    Do you think there is a market?

Quote Originally Posted by harness man View Post
    Do you think there is a market?
    There is a market, assuming you can make a pack that is as good, or better, than the ICG packs. If not as good, I'm pretty sure most people will wait for the ICG packs to arrive.

I have the Kolob and Heaps packs for canyons, and an Osprey pack for backpacking. The ICG packs are nearly perfect, but do not fit my back properly, likely designed for someone with a longer spine.

However, my Osprey pack fits like a glove, near perfection in the comfort department, but would not last a day in a canyon.

So, if you can combine ICG's toughness/functionality with Osprey's comfort, then I'd bet you would get a couple of hundred orders annually.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hi Slot Machine. Good points! Can you tell us the model (and size) of the Osprey that you like? I'll check it out.