Thread: Killer Weather!!!

Killer Weather!!!

It was in the mid 50's in St George and near 60 in Mesquite. We had an awesome 3 days down south. Amazing stuff!

Monday we rode Warner Valley. @Mtnseeker1 brought his buddy who rode an old CR250. He was a good rider and great guy! He knew the trails like the backside of his hand. We did a 60 mile loop of all types of terrain...awesome.

Tuesday we rode in Mesquite and did a 45 mile loop. Another really fun day.

Wednesday we rode 35 miles of fun washes and new single track. What a great way to finish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

By day three I was feeling like wet noodles left in water for overnight.
    Came down a section on the far side of Fort Pierce Wash in the shadows with a bit of ice then just plain hard core frozen whoops in the shadows. 4 footers with
    no give to them at all. Beat the living crud out of me on this third morn and when acca rolls up he just in hog heaven about this trail as I try to keep my cookies.
    It is a fun one but tough.
    From there we hit what us locals call the I-15 a very fast fun wash.
    But what was really cool is we decided to head up further and hit some stuff I have not hit in well since the last time we road this together.
    Snaked it here and there and dumped ourselves into some great single track.
    Best way to end a great ride is to hit shit as hard as you dare with some great ridding buds.
    It never is a bad ride with acca and Garbanzo these dudes bring the best out of you and ride as hard as any I have ever rode with but are always out for the group.....

I've not been at this long but have learned a ton from these two.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Not sure if you remember Jameson on the Suzuki that tagged along with us.
    He is the young man that blew through his chain guide/ loose chain/sprocket with loose bolts.
    Garbo and I ran into him on the Wed. ride going in 180* and he told you about how that black cat climbed right into his lap.

Ran into him today and this kid still had not fixed the issue.

I'll be riding with him tuesday and bringing him a chain and we will get him to do some work on his bike. 2013 Suzuki.
    Says he wants to do the Rhino Rally race..
    Very nice young man but dang if I don't feel like I need to be a bit of mother hen.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I'm glad we did not try the single track by Virgin,UT.
    I hit a piece today that sent me way fast out by Sun River that just was well in the shade for some time now. Needless to say it got faster and faster in some off camber with some uggg rocks.
    It was 64 degrees today But the shady areas proved to be well? very shady and faster than I wanted them to be. ICE only about 6" wide but in the very wort place.
    Ice tends to build up in deep ruts on north slopes.
    30 yrds uf ugly and 100 yrds to see if I had some slicker than norm underware. dicey to say the least.

On top of it all I bumped a small boulder and it is sliding right in front of me not rolling but sliding and then I picked up this dam cow hip bone half and sure enough it rolls through and splits in half once it hits my front fender plastic. I'm thinking great I'm going down for sure with a flat ta boot.
    Some days are better than others. No flat, I did not go down although I should have and I snuck by with the luck of some dam thing or another.

By the way we are now looking at 60* every day this week. Don't believe what they say however 64 today it was.
    Vegas must be way into the 70's this week Three hrs or one ride and time to change oil.
    Crazy what one week will do down here.

I thought this was a trip report from our ride. Did I miss something?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Where is that big sand hill? Mesquite?

Looks like that same hill we ended up on last year north of mesquite.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Interesting took my bikes to mesquite a few years ago and couldn't find any cool area. Guess I should of gone with you guys.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There's some okay riding there but I was dissapointed when we went last year. There is a lot of good riding near there, GoldButte and Logandale to name a few, but the wash riding we did just north of the freeway wasn't all that great. It was fun and at one point a kid showed up that knew some of the ST and that was a blast but short lived. Garbonzo and I had a nice time in one of the washes and there was a tight, high banked, twisty wash that was fun. But overall, I'd much rather ride in one of the nearby areas with better trails. Just seemed like a lot of wide open wash riding on well developed rhino and 4wheeler trails.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    I thought this was a trip report from our ride. Did I miss something?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    HA!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I have no problem riding Mesquite other than two friends bailing out and one time I had my yz off a bit another time.
    Great riding as long as it is with good friends I have to admit all the good riding is close as when you get out a spell it does seem to evaporate a bit but fun non the less.

Shoot I even had the chance to put a move on Mike that I never dreamed would happen. Good stuff and I for one would love to hit it again this or next winter.

Mesquite is a great ride, but if you don't like deep sand and big whoops, then stay home.

But I hate sand acca and them there whoopies are huge.
    Hell they are so huge. How huge are they. They are so huge Mike and I got lost for a spell LMAO.

Personally I think I'd rather hit Mesquite the first day and Warner the second day.
    I was beat to shit after the first day
    That third day rocked when we hit the south east side of Warner.
    Never hit that stuff before but now it is the shit to hit since it is so close to home.
    Super fun and fast, But we need some rain, Very dusty with more than one rider.