Thread: Back when I was a kid............

Back when I was a kid............

The kids, Kimberly, and I are headed up Shrine Mountain tomorrow night. We’ll spend the night in a cabin at 11,223 feet and climb Shrine Mountain and the Wingle Ridge (~12,000 feet) the next day.

We’ll be hiking in the dark since the kids still have school and we can’t leave home until afternoon.

At first the weather forecast said partly cloudy, then it said 30% chance of snow, and now it says 90% chance of snow with high winds and a chill factor of -14F (which for us really isn’t that cold).

Even though they almost always have some fun doing it, I wonder what our kids are going to say about all this when they get older.

Perhaps they will tell their own kids “my dad used to march us up mountains at night in the middle of winter during blizzards in below zero temperatures”? Or perhaps, “my parents still made me walk to school when it was -48F outside”? Of course, unlike many other “back when I was a kid” stories, they’ll actually be telling the truth.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement