Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Puts Gay Marriage On Hold In Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Oh no doubt this is a country founded on Christian values, but if there are any atheists who oppose gay marriage, that talking point loses validity.

Unless of course that would mean they aren't true atheists, and then a debate ensues in who should kill themselves.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I don't give two $hits what Atheists think about this topic....they don't write the rules.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tell you what, lets see how open you are to accepting other points of view and new information on the political processes besides what you hear from your favored media outlets.

There's something that could have been done that would have helped this process go better and even might have let it stick.

You're the one who took that awesome civics class, so I'll let you do the research and I'll recall my request for an answer, even though we all know why nobody can answer it.

And you still can't or won't answer the question... Not a surprise as you seem to only spew the party line and have none of your own reasoning... Sigh. I am sorry that you can't seem to see this I wish you well in the wearing of your blinders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

The rules wouldn't dictate what they believe or how they vote. Think there are any atheists in California that voted for prop 8?

Quote Originally Posted by DOSS View Post
    And you still can't or won't answer the question... Not a surprise as you seem to only spew the party line and have none of your own reasoning... Sigh. I am sorry that you can't seem to see this I wish you well in the wearing of your blinders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man that civics class must have sucked if you can't see what would have worked

The rules wouldn't dictate what they believe or how they vote. Think there are any atheists in California that voted for prop 8?

Man that atheist card has more mileage than Jenna Jameson...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Man that atheist card has more mileage than Jenna Jameson...
    I know! It's amazing how the atheist points can't be accounted for! Not even by atheists! I'm starting to think atheism isn't a true religion.

Wait wait, i just realized something. I'm expected to explain why other Mormons believe a certain way, even though I'm not referencing them at all. But but not atheists, they are exempt from explaining their friends who vote differently.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Oh no doubt this is a country founded on Christian values, ...

The Deists who founded this country would not be recognized as Christians by the current crop of denominationalists.

Besides which, I have no idea what you mean by "Christian values". That's just a wink wink nudge nudge code phrase for a set of values that are decidedly un-Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    The Deists who founded this country would not be recognized as Christians by the current crop of denominationalists.
    To be correct, i didn't say the men were Christian, i said Christian values.

John Adams:
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

And i have no idea what religion he was, nor do i care. It's more important what he helped set in place.

10. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    .... I'm starting to think atheism isn't a true religion.....
    and you would be correct, it's not even a fake one

12. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post

While the Utah Governator sets policy for the executive branch, he has a very limited role in determining what the LAW says. That is up to the courts.

He is, however, really good at spending our state tax dollars to improve his political stature with the conservative voters.

Tom
    I'm sort of going to join the fray here...

Substitute the following words:

"Utah governor" with "our president"

"State" with "federal"

"conservative" with "liberal"

And then you're making two valid points at the same time!

14. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Let It Stand Rally at the Utah Capitol

This popped up when trying to access Bogley General Discussion from a hotel computer in Atlanta, Ga

Attachment 71494

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    This popped up when trying to access Bogley General Discussion from a hotel computer in Atlanta, Ga

Attachment 71494
    Do they disagree with gay marriage?

Gay marriage is now legal in the US and I don't see that ever changing... my two cents is it's about frickin' time...

Tap'n on my smart phone.

19. Likes deagol, Don, ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Gay marriage is now legal in the US and I don't see that ever changing... my two cents is it's about frickin' time...

Tap'n on my smart phone.
    I'm sure we are not done wasting tax payer money to mess with this... Could put the money to much better use. Embrace the inevetable, and extend a hearty congratulations to those who are finally gaining ground on equality.

21. Likes deagol liked this post
    I haven't really been around Bogley as much as I used to be; I totally missed this thread. Hilarious. Really laugh-out-loud funny stuff here.

Also, this guy announced his new master-plan yet?

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1389245197407.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  54.3 KB

23. Likes deagol liked this post

This is just too funny.... it reminds me of how many in Utah think...

Grandma Tries To Understand How Granddaughters Gay Relationship Works

26. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    In a way it's somewhat interesting (?), but why would anyone film herself trying to explain it to her grandmother and then put it on youtube? Just for attention? To prove her grandmother is intolerant? Entertainment value?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    In a way it's somewhat interesting (?), but why would anyone film herself trying to explain it to her grandmother and then put it on youtube? Just for attention? To prove her grandmother is intolerant? Entertainment value?
    Entertainment value...That granny's an internet sensation! Let's get her a section on the Tosh.0 show, right next to "porch time with Memaw"