Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Puts Gay Marriage On Hold In Utah

K

I'll drop my stance and pretend the prominent local religion doesn't sway politics here in Utah.

Hey, these rose colored glasses are pretty cool!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. Likes DOSS liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    K

I'll drop my stance and pretend the prominent local religion doesn't sway politics here in Utah.

Hey, these rose colored glasses are pretty cool!
    what, you moved to Orem?

T

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post

I'm going to need you to explain why I haven't used a single religious reference to oppose Gay Marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'm going to need you to explain why I haven't used a single religious reference to oppose Gay Marriage.
    If you would be so kind to explain it yourself (also how your beliefs are not in response to your religion).. it would be the first time you actually explained yourself even when asked and would be a refreshing change... Please proceed
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by DOSS View Post
    If you would be so kind.. it would be the first time you actually explained yourself even when asked and would be a refreshing change... Please proceed
    And from you, I'll need a sentence that makes sense.

And from you, I'll need a sentence that makes sense.
    Read again I hit enter too quick
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

If you would be so kind to explain it yourself (also how your beliefs are not in response to your religion)..

I understand it's an unfair advantage for you, saying I only think a certain way because my religion has told me to, but then you realize your argument is invalid because I don't use religion as a reference.

So when somebody disagrees with you and it has nothing to do with God, it must be so frustrating that you, despising religious discussion, are forced to introduce religion into the discussion.

I'm sorry but you're going to have to think outside of the box on this one. I'm actually doing you a favor trying to get away from religious discussion, you know, so I'm not ramming it down your throat?

I understand it's an unfair advantage for you, saying I only think a certain way because my religion has told me to, but then you realize your argument is invalid because I don't use religion as a reference.

So when somebody disagrees with you and it has nothing to do with God, it must be so frustrating that you, despising religious discussion, are forced to introduce religion into the discussion.

I'm sorry but you're going to have to think outside of the box on this one. I'm actually doing you a favor trying to get away from religious discussion, you know, so I'm not ramming it down your throat?
    I am trying to point out to you that even without stating "religion" you sound like you are spouting the same crap that we hear from the religious majority so I am trying to give you the opportunity to actually explain how your statements that sound the same are not biased due to your religion. Also if you think that the states and nations religious majorities do not have an impact on why homosexuals have been stripped of rights they should not have you may wish to do some more research.

Also I will ask you directly again.... How should the courts have made this decision that you feel should have been handled differently been handled differently.. some specifics please.

Sure, right after you explain how my religion dictates my decisions, but that I haven't made a single religious reference.

You're making a direct claim against me that is bogus. Don't stereotype a group of whomever, I don't care about them.

Right after you defend your claim against me personally, I'll go ahead and share my political opinions.

And go.

14. Likes nelsonccc liked this post
    Sure, right after you explain how my religion dictates my decisions, but that I haven't made a single religious reference.

You're making a direct claim against me that is bogus. Don't stereotype a group of whomever, I don't care about them.

Right after you defend your claim against me personally, I'll go ahead and share my political opinions.

And go.

I think when I said "you sound like you are spouting" that would infer that the words and reasoning you have used to date are the same as the religious groups and I just want to understand better.. since you can't seem to grasp this lets move on... to a strictly legal issue:

How should the courts have made this decision that you feel should have been handled differently been handled differently.. some specifics please.

I know I have asked that before and it has no religious reference at all so I am sure that you will be able to answer it without worry that your belief system could have any impact on your answer. I would just like to know how you would change the legal process to make this so much better as you have said should be done.

Still haven't answered the question after being asked how many times now... and I didn't start a religious discussion.. the basis of homosexuals in the US being restricted from their rights is one that is inherently filled with religious connotation due to the religious majority in the country putting laws into effect that stripped them of their rights... this is a discussion about homosexual rights in the US so there is going to be some aspect of religion.. but ignoring the religion aspect... Please answer how the courts were to do a better job about this ruling.

FYI, Larger font does not indicate yelling.. CAPS LOCK indicates yelling.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    what, you moved to Orem?

T

Too funny.

Beech - the current gay discrimination laws in place in this country are there as a result of the Christian majority, who for hundreds of years have preached that homosexuality is a grave sin. Why else would homosexuality be treated with such disdain and disrespect? I'm not attacking you personally, I'm just making the assertion that the status quo is there because of religious laws set in place years ago...and I am also making the claim that the status quo is f***ed, and needs to be overturned.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Oh no doubt this is a country founded on Christian values, but if there are any atheists who oppose gay marriage, that talking point loses validity.

Unless of course that would mean they aren't true atheists, and then a debate ensues in who should kill themselves.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Oh no doubt this is a country founded on Christian values, but if there are any atheists who oppose gay marriage, that talking point loses validity.

Unless of course that would mean they aren't true atheists, and then a debate ensues in who should kill themselves.

any chance you will ever answer the question posed to you?

any chance you will ever answer the question posed to you?
    Yes

Yes

when?

But let me tell you what there's absolutely no chance of... You explaining how I'm not using religion to make my points while you insist that my bishop is telling me what to say.

I'll answer how i think the process could have gone better, but you will only debate that rather than answer my points. So I'm thinking I'll be wasting my time.

Tell you what, lets see how open you are to accepting other points of view and new information on the political processes besides what you hear from your favored media outlets.

There's something that could have been done that would have helped this process go better and even might have let it stick.

You're the one who took that awesome civics class, so I'll let you do the research and I'll recall my request for an answer, even though we all know why nobody can answer it.