WASHINGTON (AP)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Omg the entire supreme court is composed of bigots

...Don't mind me, I'm just making a stereotypical closed minded statement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Omg the entire supreme court is composed of bigots
    X2
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

...Don't mind me, I'm just making a stereotypical closed minded statement
    No worries, we expect them from you

Sad that they ruled this way, but it really is a temporary thing until the appeals court rules anyhow... things will go back to they way they should be with people marrying whoever they want.
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by DOSS View Post
    No worries, we expect them from you

Sad that they ruled this way, but it really is a temporary thing until the appeals court rules anyhow... things will go back to they way they should be with people marrying whoever they want.
    I noticed you haven't accused the supreme court of bigotry, you must hate gays.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I noticed you haven't accused the supreme court of bigotry, you must hate gays.

Well since I actually understand that they have ruled on a point of law and procedure not on the idea of marriage being open to all people I don't think that the supreme court is full of bigots. I do as a matter of course find that you are full of inability to read and comprehend things of a legal nature that your bishop didn't tell you about.
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Oh i didn't know my bishop had spoken to me at all concerning gay marriage. Please tell me what other stereotypical anti Mormon bigoted fantasies you've dreamt up.

Interesting how you're mentioning your knowledge of law and procedure now, and not last week.

The supreme court has made NO decision regarding gay marriage so it is hard to fault them.... the only thing the supreme court has done to date is their job.... which is interrupt the constitution and laws of the land.

I'm willing to let this play out in a timely manner and make sure it is done correctly and not on wild emotions. We need to give the court's the time to do their job right, after all, that is what we pay them for.

I suspect gay rights will prevail in the end.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

10. Likes DiscGo, Absolute Gravity liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

I'm willing to let this play out in a timely manner and make sure it is done correctly and not on wild emotions. We need to give the court's the time to do their job right, after all, that is what we pay them for.
    This is what should have happened in the first place rather than dividing the people on emotional lines

Look at the confusion now, caused by a judge that acted out of emotion and not due process.

I don't care what side anybody is on, this was a mess. Lets quit the bigotry name calling towards us who aren't anti gay, open your minds a little more and realize that if somebody disagrees with the political process that has happened it doesn't mean they are a freaking bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I suspect gay rights will prevail in the end.

As they should.

You know, I think I've figured it out....Mormons believe in upholding "the laws of the land."

D&C 98:6 - Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren of my church, in befriending that law which is the aconstitutional law of the land.

If the constitutional law upholds gay rights, it also means that Mormons must also uphold gay rights -- which is akin to asking Nancy Pelosi to uphold the right to bear arms.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Look at the confusion now, caused by a judge that acted out of emotion and not due process.

FYI Shelby's job was to make that ruling.. you may want to look at how the court system works again if you think otherwise... sigh.. please take a civics class

Interesting how the same people claiming to have religion shoved down their throats are the same people who bring it up all the time.

15. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Interesting how the same people claiming to have religion shoved down their throats are the same people who bring it up all the time.

What can't respond to the "fact" that it was Shelby's job to rule on this.. you have to go back to how bad you feel about the fact that Religion in Utah is a large part of why this is even an issue... Have you taken that civics class yet?

you have to go back to how bad you feel about the fact that Religion in Utah is a large part of why this is even an issue...
    Oh so Utah is the last state to allow gay marriage? Another interesting statement, my friend.

Unless there are other states with a Mormon majority that don't allow gay marriage yet. I'll be back, gotta run to the internet to see what other Mormon dominated states haven't allowed this yet, and in turn how your reasoning would blame mormonism for the delay.

Or, if the Mormon state is the first of the religious majority states to allow gay marriage, that would make us the most tolerant religious state in the union.

And yet if there are other states that have no dedicated religious majority, could you blame the state religion for holding them back?

That's quite the pickle to debate. This should be good.

Here I'll save you the trouble. All of the pink states....

How many voters do you think are being influenced by their "bishops"?

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1389056110378.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  85.7 KB

19. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    This is what should have happened in the first place rather than dividing the people on emotional lines

I don't care what side anybody is on, this was a mess.
    Man, I think so far as controversial issues go, this whole 'mess' has been pretty tame, especially compared to the rest of the ridiculousness of the past few years. I also think that being upset with the political process, especially since in this case it is a legal process, is a pretty lame excuse.

So what exactly are your emotional attachments to this and what consequences have there been to you as a result of this division?

Do you think those emotional hardships have been anywhere near those of the LGBT community?

I've never thought of you as a bigot, still don't, but as most people get on with their lives the pot of remaining holdouts is starting to boil down to a nasty bigot concentrate. Not a pot I would want to be in, regardless of the process used to heat it.

Supreme Court Puts Gay Marriage On Hold In Utah

Oh so Utah is the last state to allow gay marriage? Another interesting statement, my friend.

Unless there are other states with a Mormon majority that don't allow gay marriage yet. I'll be back, gotta run to the internet to see what other Mormon dominated states haven't allowed this yet, and in turn how your reasoning would blame mormonism for the delay.

Or, if the Mormon state is the first of the religious majority states to allow gay marriage, that would make us the most tolerant religious state in the union.

And yet if there are other states that have no dedicated religious majority, could you blame the state religion for holding them back?

That's quite the pickle to debate. This should be good.

Yet again you did not acknowledge that the legal issues have been handled correctly or that judge Shelby did what was supposed to be done...

Nobody said utah is the last state to allow gay marriage (but it is the one with a very weak argument for its constitutional amendment and that made it easy for lawyers to get it overturned).

I Said nothing about a Mormon majority causing the anti gay marriage.. Religion does not equal Mormon though as I understand it the Mormons think that all other religions are beneigth them based on the way you are arguing this.

No-one said that it was necessary to have a dedicated religious majority for the state to be filled with people who use religion to argue their anti gay adgenda..

This is not a big deal to debate.. there is nothing in your arguments... When the first gay person got married in Utah did your marriage suddenly fail? did your children suddenly sprout horns and become gay.. what is your issue with gay marriage that does not have a religious connotation?

This thread officially sucks.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

24. Likes Glenn, DiscGo liked this post
    When the first gay person got married in Utah did your marriage suddenly fail?
    Who said anything about my marriage failing if Gay Marriage becomes legal? I've said nothing of the sort. If that civics class you're raving about teaches how to blindly stereotype, we must have had different instructors.

Open your mind a little and quit assuming anybody who is on the other side of this political issue is a bigot fearing for his family's unity.

I'm merely debating your philosophy that Utah's religious majority is the main culprit, by pointing out all of the other states in direct contrast to Utah's demographic. Debunking this concept belongs on either side of the political debate, but understandably can lead to personal accusations and name calling when you get flustered. Religion has not been a part of this topic until you've brought it up.

Maybe it's time we have an adult conversation exploring all sides of the issue, even if we don't agree with them. Let's not accuse the other side of hate just because we disagree with their point of view.