Thread: 2013: Year In Review

2013: Year In Review

Well folks, the past year has been incredible, to say the least. Plenty of nice fish and beautiful scenery.

Three 24" tiger trout from three different waters, personal best brookies, personal firsts (dry fly), and a lot of exploration.

Here are a few teasers. My blog (Utah Water Log) has over 100 images, revisiting the great fishing year I had.

And the last fish of 2013, caught on New Year's Eve at Strawberry:

(Got a slot buster too! Dinner was great!)

What a great year! Check out the blog because I go into a lot more detail (like usual) and there are a lot more photos.

Happy New Year, Humans!
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

2. Likes pigburner, Udink liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Excellent! You certainly slayed them.

Thanks. I wanted to see if you caught the above sucker while flyfishing (which apparently is the case) and took a look at your excellent blog. Nice. I couldn't help but notice your line about nailing an interview. ?? I take it that you are a journalist...... beyond your own fishing reporting?

DesertDuke -

1. It was actually caught on spin gear, hitting a marabou jig. Much like a heavy bugger, I find them a bit easier to use since there's less line drag. Also, I just happened to have a spinning rod handy in the car and used the location (Draper) as an excuse to hit the J-Riv for a few minutes.

2. The interview was something to be excited about at that time, as I was at the end of a 2 month stint of looking for work. After being employed at the same place for the past 8 years, it was a pretty desperate feeling to watch my resources drain as I hunted for work.

So the interview went really well and I knew I'd hear back. Later that night, I was informed that I got the job (warehouse mgr). I was very hopeful and grateful, although after only a few weeks of working there, it was obvious that I needed to get out of there. The place was a joke and the owners were awful.

Now I'm a shipping mgr elsewhere, closer to home, earning more and enjoying the people I'm around.

I wish that writing was a means for income. That would be great.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log