Thread: Roost? When is it ok and when is it not?

Roost? When is it ok and when is it not?

Twice I have hurt friends on what should be a sand road.
    Once I got nailed riding side by side with a friend but one rock bounced off a front tire just wrong and hit me smack dab in the middle of my nose just before some road construction and my eyes they began to get very blurry.

I don't mind roosting friends on the trail but the high speed stuff is starting to cause some concern for me.
    I know myself I see this three ways(1) slow down. (2) move over. (3) if you don't like it then pass my ass.

But like I says this only seems to be an issue at speed on the wide fast roads.

I've been hit with this one before but as of late I have friends come up to me in the park areas saying something like DUDE am I bleeding you just roosted the shit out of me.

By the way I'm usually the one getting roosted just not on the high speed roads.
    In short I'm starting to feel pretty bad about this as we are in it for the fun but then again let's get ur done.
    When this happens it's not like I'm trying to cut anyone off just the way it plays out having fun.

Any thoughts?
    And please try to understand if your on a 250 2-t I still have three gears on you. This is about the high speed roads and the damage that gets through the helmet and googs.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ok not really hurt but I have drawn blood with the XR65R a few tears back. Made me feel like shit.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Roosting in never ok unless you're racing. That being said, it's hard to avoid. Throttle control and traction are best anyway, so roost is usually kept to a minimum. I've learned to always be aware of who's close behind me, and make necessary adjustments. I remember our buddy Glen telling me to quit boosting my engine and spend my money on suspension. It took me a few years to understand. When I started riding, I would blast turn to turn and thought spinning the rear wheel was the way to go. Now I try to roll on the throttle and keep momentum through the turns.
    I'm no expert for sure, but I have learned (from listening and watching others) to use traction for speed instead of raw power. I have to go now. I have a tree to settle a score with!! :)
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I think I understand but there are times when I think I've put down some space on like high speed roads.
    I just love to drop the clutch race it like hell and grab that sixth gear.
    Some roads are just meant to fly on but I have twice now had a buddy come up to me at the parking area and ask if they are bleeding.
    Takes all the fun out like right now.