Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    They way I look at it now is the Utes are playing to see what bowl they go to. Everything is still open to them from the Rose Bowl to the Cactus Bowl... I'm thinking the Holiday Bowl would be a great spot and would require an 8-4 season. 7-5 probably gets you the Las Vegas Bowl and 6-6 gets you the disappointing Cactus bowl.
    I may travel if they went to the Vegas Bowl.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Didn't Clay do something similar to this earlier on in the season?
    You are referring to Kaelin Clay's Heisman pose in the Michigan end zone that almost drew a celebration penalty. The coach's should have had a long talk with him after that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I may travel if they went to the Vegas Bowl.....
    There is a good chance they might be playing Utah State in that bowl, which would be fun for the state of Utah but a bit of a let down for the Ute's considering the other options if they can win 8.

FWIW - here are the PAC 12 bowl ties...

#1 College Football Playoff. Automatic berth to one of the New Years Six bowl games, preferentially the Rose Bowl versus Big Ten #1.
    #2 The Alamo Bowl versus Big 12 #2.
    #3 The Holiday Bowl versus Big Ten #4.
    #4 The San Francisco Bowl versus Big Ten #6.
    #5 The Sun Bowl versus ACC #4.
    #6 The Las Vegas Bowl versus Mountain West #1.
    #7 The Cactus Bowl (Tempe) versus Big 12 #6.

And here are ESPN's projection's as of last week...

College Football Playoff: Oregon
    Fiesta Bowl: Arizona State
    Valero Alamo Bowl: Utah
    National University Holiday Bowl: UCLA
    San Francisco Bowl: Arizona
    Hyundai Sun Bowl: USC
    Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Stanford
    Cactus Bowl: Washington
    Heart of Dallas Bowl (at large): California

Well, if you were to assign the teams to bowl games as of today, Utah would be playing either Baylor or TCU (they're tied for number one with an 8-1 record).

Yikes...I think TCU would smoke Utah - they always played Utah very tough when Utah and TCU were in the Mountain West.

I think Baylor is over-rated as their schedule is full of high school teams -- almost from top to bottom. Although they did beat TCU by 3 points in a defense-less high scoring shootout. So....who knows.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Well, if you were to assign the teams to bowl games as of today, Utah would be playing either Baylor or TCU (they're tied for number one with an 8-1 record).

Yikes...I think TCU would smoke Utah - they always played Utah very tough when Utah and TCU were in the Mountain West.

I think Baylor is over-rated as their schedule is full of high school teams -- almost from top to bottom. Although they did beat TCU by 3 points in a defense-less high scoring shootout. So....who knows.
    DUDE.... what are you smoking? Utah is currently tied for 7th in the PAC 12. Right now Utah would probably be going to the Cactus Bowl to play Oklahoma or Oklahoma State. Saturdays loss was a killer to last weeks projections.

Sporting News in currently projecting:
    Sun Bowl: Utah vs. Boston College

CBS Sports in currently projecting:
    Sun Bowl: Utah vs. Louisville

DUDE.... what are you smoking?

LOL. You're too easy

TCU or Baylor would eat Utah's lunch.

9. Likes Kent K25 liked this post
    I'm sure hearing a lot of hubbub about Sitake not being happy and possibly leaving. That would be a major mistake IMHO if that is allowed to happen. Utah's defense is really really good. Yes, I am referring to a Gordon Monson article and no I am not a fan of him but this seems like a legitimate concern.
    Life is Good

I don't think KS will take a lateral move and would take a good HC job anyway, I think Monson is stirring the pot...which he is paid to do.

KS will get a nice raise and hopefully(for my selfish good) doesn't get a good HC job that he has to take.

He's leaving sooner or later, it's going to happen. He's a very good coordinator and very good coordinators become head coaches. Whit will turn the defense over to someone he trusts & they will get the job done, just as he did when GA left.

Utah started as a 7.5 dog at Stanford. I would not be surprised to see them go down to the Farm and get a win.

Monson has to be the biggest douche in Utah sports.... but with that being said I expect Sitake to be offered a better job in the near future, as he deserves it. If offensive coaches were not this weeks flavor of the month Sitake would already have a head coaching job. Look to see which MWC coach might not be around next year and those are the places I suspect Sitake might end up. Sitake's biggest draw back at the moment is it's not easy to sell defense to boosters and alumni this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Utah started as a 7.5 dog at Stanford. I would not be surprised to see them go down to the Farm and get a win.
    I'll take Utah and the points. Outside of Oregon no one has been able to put up big point margins on the Ute's. And it took Clays help and that dumbass 14 point swing to get the Ducks some breathing room..

The Cardinal wins...but not enough to cover IMO.

I'm picking the Utes this week. They will bounce back.

16. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Line is now 8, which surprises me as it would mean money is going on Stanford.

I still think Utah wins this game outright.

Maybe they heard Kalin Clay is starting....

I just heard that Kalin did the same dumbass drop the ball as he crosses the goal line in the Idaho game and the referees missed the call. To top it off the coaches seen the mistake on film and had a talk with him about doing it. They also noticed earlier in the year that Booker was doing the same thing and had a chat with him about it. Both players had been told to hand the ball to the referees.

Maybe they heard Kalin Clay is starting....

I just heard that Kalin did the same dumbass drop the ball as he crosses the goal line in the Idaho game and the referees missed the call. To top it off the coaches seen the mistake on film and had a talk with him about doing it. They also noticed earlier in the year that Booker was doing the same thing and had a chat with him about it. Both players had been told to hand the ball to the referees.
    Yep, I remember that. Handing it the referee is a good plan...

The Cardinal enter Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    The Cardinal enter Saturday’s game against Utah as the conference leaders in rushing defense (110.2 ypg), passing defense (170.9 ypg), pass efficiency defense (105.98 rating), total defense (281.1 ypg) and scoring defense (16.1 ppg).

Utah football: Utes to face a Stanford defense that is standing tall
    No. 25 Utes to face a Cardinal defense that leads the Pac-12 in numerous categories.
    None of this matters since Utah doesn't have any offense.

Utah Football 2014

None of this matters since Utah doesn't have any offense.
    I wouldn't call 33 PPG no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I wouldn't call 33 PPG no offense.
    Well if you removed the two cupcake teams at the start of the season it's more like 23ppg against the Pac-12.